Dash Rattle

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My 2017 Si sedan has been making this rattle for awhile now. Has anyone else heard something similar to this noise?
It seems to be coming the passenger side close to the fire wall. I’ve been under the car with the aluminum panel and plastic panel removed, the noise is definitely from inside. If not it’s on the other side of the firewall.
In the video I have the glove box removed and a plastic panel removed.
Let me know what you guys think.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
My 2017 Si sedan has been making this rattle for awhile now. Has anyone else heard something similar to this noise?
It seems to be coming the passenger side close to the fire wall. I’ve been under the car with the aluminum panel and plastic panel removed, the noise is definitely from inside. If not it’s on the other side of the firewall.
Is it making that noise while you are driving or parked?

OP
OP
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is it making that noise while you are driving or parked?
It usually does it while driving. I’m thinking while under throttle the engine vibrates enough to make the noise. Sometimes after driving for awhile at idle it will make the noise but louder. Kind of like if something is stuck inside the blower motor going around and around. Or like when they used to put a card on the wheels of your bike. My guess it’s at piece of plastic that expands with the cold and heat.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It usually does it while driving. I’m thinking while under throttle the engine vibrates enough to make the noise. Sometimes after driving for awhile at idle it will make the noise but louder. Kind of like if something is stuck inside the blower motor going around and around. Or like when they used to put a card on the wheels of your bike. My guess it’s at piece of plastic that expands with the cold and heat.
Oh ok. So it only happens with your A/C running?

OP
OP
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Oh ok. So it only happens with your A/C running?
Having the fan motor running seems to make it louder. But mainly it’s while the gas pedal is being pressed. At lower RPMs.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Having the fan motor running seems to make it louder. But mainly it’s while the gas pedal is being pressed. At lower RPMs.
That’s a weird one. Sounds like you might just need to take it in and let your warranty take care of it. That’s what I would do. Let us know what you find.

OP
OP
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
I will check it out thanks. I think my issue is somewhere under the dash maybe the ducting.
yeah it can be difficult to find rattles, more so if you really need a second set of hands in the car as it is driven!

i cannot stand any rattles - i cannot even stand it if a bottle or something is rolling around on the floor.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I have noticed this rattle as well under acceleration and after jiggling a bunch of thinGs under the hood I have noticed that the Windshield washer fluid sprayer nozzles on the underside of the hood are loose.

I havent messed around with them other than jiggling them around a bit to see if they had any play, but there has to be a way to tighten these or secure them better.

There is also that clip holding the fuel line along the firewall that seems loose.

OP
OP
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have noticed this rattle as well under acceleration and after jiggling a bunch of thinGs under the hood I have noticed that the Windshield washer fluid sprayer nozzles on the underside of the hood are loose.

I havent messed around with them other than jiggling them around a bit to see if they had any play, but there has to be a way to tighten these or secure them better.

There is also that clip holding the fuel line along the firewall that seems loose.

Thanks for the suggestion I’m going to try to see if that’s the cause of my rattle problem.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had the same issue after an oil change! I would notice the rattle when I would gas it above 2500rpm. It turned out to be one of my HID ballast was lose and hitting against the fender. As soon as I adjusted it and made sure it no longer moved, the rattle went away. I hope that helps!

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Every car I have ever owned has always had some kind of annoying rattle in the interior. I just crank up the stereo louder :headbang:

evilearn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I had a similar rattle. It sounded like it was coming from the driver side air vent. I told the dealer when I was getting it serviced and they fixed it. Unfortunately now I hear it from the passenger air vent as well.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I had a similar rattle. It sounded like it was coming from the driver side air vent. I told the dealer when I was getting it serviced and they fixed it. Unfortunately now I hear it from the passenger air vent as well.
Here's how you might be able to fix those rattles. It worked miracles for my 17 Si gl.
Sponsored