Dash lights out except speedometer

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
So not sure if it is related, but Friday I just had the recall work done for the emergency brake. Yesterday, when I went to start my car and start driving, I quickly noticed almost my entire dash was not displaying (see video). I pulled over after taking the video and restarted the car two times, which did not resolve the problem. I then took it straight to the dealership, and of course when they started it, no problem. I showed them the video and they took it back and reset all the different computer parts, as well as pulled the batter cable. The service manager is sending my video to Honda Engineering, so I figured I would put this here to gather if others have seen this problem. The dealership has ordered me another instrument cluster, if it happens again. Though the video shows the turn signals not on, they were actually working. Also the speedometer was accurately reflecting my speed, but the tach, never moves. (video is me sitting at a light).

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash lights out except speedometer IMG_0127.JPG
Sponsored

rayC33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 2007 Acura Tl Type S
So not sure if it is related, but Friday I just had the recall work done for the emergency brake. Yesterday, when I went to start my car and start driving, I quickly noticed almost my entire dash was not displaying (see video). I pulled over after taking the video and restarted the car two times, which did not resolve the problem. I then took it straight to the dealership, and of course when they started it, no problem. I showed them the video and they took it back and reset all the different computer parts, as well as pulled the batter cable. The service manager is sending my video to Honda Engineering, so I figured I would put this here to gather if others have seen this problem. The dealership has ordered me another instrument cluster, if it happens again. Though the video shows the turn signals not on, they were actually working. Also the speedometer was accurately reflecting my speed, but the tach, never moves. (video is me sitting at a light).

IMG_0127.JPG
Had the same issue last night (2016 Civic EXT about 1200 miles). Only speedo worked, Guauges not working, turn signals didn't flash in the car, red alarm led flashed while car was running. Tried changing key FOBS. Starting and turning off, locking and unlocking the car. After it sat in the garage for about an hour it worked correctly again. Was fooling with the turn signals driving down the road as they didnt flash in the car and got pulled over by the state police who thought it was a drunk driver.

Did you get any resolution to what the problem was here? I get the feeling without it being replicatable easily it will be a waste of time but maybe the dealer surprises, there is definitely a defect somewhere. Your video shows the problem exactly as I saw it as well.

OP
OP
Garagegoblin

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
Had the same issue last night (2016 Civic EXT about 1200 miles). Only speedo worked, Guauges not working, turn signals didn't flash in the car, red alarm led flashed while car was running. Tried changing key FOBS. Starting and turning off, locking and unlocking the car. After it sat in the garage for about an hour it worked correctly again. Was fooling with the turn signals driving down the road as they didnt flash in the car and got pulled over by the state police who thought it was a drunk driver.

Did you get any resolution to what the problem was here? I get the feeling without it being replicatable easily it will be a waste of time but maybe the dealer surprises, there is definitely a defect somewhere. Your video shows the problem exactly as I saw it as well.
I have not had it happen since, and they have not reached back out to me. I hope this doesn't become a popular problem, but that is why I wanted to document it here and find out if this is a bigger problem than 1 or 2 random cars. Let me know if you decide to take yours in to the dealership and what they tell you. Thanks.

Deleted member 2787

I have not had it happen since, and they have not reached back out to me. I hope this doesn't become a popular problem, but that is why I wanted to document it here and find out if this is a bigger problem than 1 or 2 random cars. Let me know if you decide to take yours in to the dealership and what they tell you. Thanks.
I just had this happen. No turn signals, etc. when this happened. Took it to the dealer so they could see. They were able to see the problem and it even recreated when they turned off and started the car again. then when they took it back to diagnose the problem did not recreate and no codes were thrown. Honda really needs to correct their software bugs!!!!!

ParadiseCivic

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Had this happen to my 2019 civic sport hatch last night…Turnkng off the car and restarting it doesn’t seem to help… could this be a simple fuse problem? I tried to look myself but I don’t have the schematics for the fuse box and I don’t know which ones to check. Thanks in advanced. - Danny
Sponsored