Dash is lit like it's Christmas, but it's not Christmas lol.

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Xmas
I attached a video, I'm sorry about the quality. Car is still under warranty. I just wanted to know if I should remove the following items before taking it in? I don't want them to say I messed something up. These items have been in the car for a long time.
1. Fog lights, I have it fuse tapped to DRL. I can just remove the interior wire and say I have had time to wire them up (if they ask)
2. After market radio. I have an LX so installed a double din radio.
3. Sub and amp. Should I just remove the box and the amp? Thanks in advance, I just wanted some opinions.
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It could be many things to trouble shoot but I'm just gonna throw out some ideas. Was the battery recently disconnected or drained? Any chance of rats or critters chewing on wires under the hood?

OP
OP

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It could be many things to trouble shoot but I'm just gonna throw out some ideas. Was the battery recently disconnected or drained? Any chance of rats or critters chewing on wires under the hood?
I don't think any critters could get to my wires, we've never seen them in my area. My car is garaged and moved daily. Would you remove aftermarket radio and disconnect the fog lights and sub and amp before taking it into Honda? Could they say that's the reason why it happened?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think any critters could get to my wires, we've never seen them in my area. My car is garaged and moved daily. Would you remove aftermarket radio and disconnect the fog lights and sub and amp before taking it into Honda? Could they say that's the reason why it happened?
They could say that is what happened if it truly was the cause. But logically to me these codes aren't from a sub or fog lights.
But like I said. Was your battery disconnected recently?

OP
OP

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They could say that is what happened if it truly was the cause. But logically to me these codes aren't from a sub or fog lights.
But like I said. Was your battery disconnected recently?
I haven't disconnected the battery In a while, I disconnected it last night for an hour to see if the codes would disappear. Lol, well it didn't work. ☹

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't disconnected the battery In a while, I disconnected it last night for an hour to see if the codes would disappear. Lol, well it didn't work. ☹
Just making sure. Usually after you disconnect a battery those alerts and lights show up normally for about 20 minutes if driving before going away.
But like I said, to me those other things radio, fogs and sub/amp should not cause the errors you showed.

OP
OP

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just making sure. Usually after you disconnect a battery those alerts and lights show up normally for about 20 minutes if driving before going away.
But like I said, to me those other things radio, fogs and sub/amp should not cause the errors you showed.
Thanks bro, I'll see today once I drive. I was just driving last night after going to RoSS(Good deals if you're a reseller). I was getting into the turning lane and boowwwww all the lights turned on. Car was still driving fine. Even if they go off I'm still taking it in tomorrow lol. I don't want any problems. I still have about 11k miles left on warranty.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Something is bothering your radar that is found on your bumper, see if you can clear it just make sure you don't touch the radar itself or else you'll have to bring it in to the dealer for a re-aim

OP
OP

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Something is bothering your radar that is found on your bumper, see if you can clear it just make sure you don't touch the radar itself or else you'll have to bring it in to the dealer for a re-aim
It went away this morning on my way to work. I don't know if the battery pull fixed it, but I'm taking it to the dealership in the morning with my video.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
It went away this morning on my way to work. I don't know if the battery pull fixed it, but I'm taking it to the dealership in the morning with my video.
Nice. I did the battery pull but my lights were still on so I just re-aimed it myself and now its gone

OP
OP

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice. I did the battery pull but my lights were still on so I just re-aimed it myself and now its gone
Yes I'm just nervous because I saw break system and I don't want them joints to go out lol. I do everything else to my car, I don't touch the breaks lol. That's one thing I will never change.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Yes I'm just nervous because I saw break system and I don't want them joints to go out lol. I do everything else to my car, I don't touch the breaks lol. That's one thing I will never change.
The brake problem error affects your collision mitigation braking system

OP
OP

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The brake problem error affects your collision mitigation braking system
Oh really? I wish I could disable that shit all together. I never use it. I don't like how it brakes on its own.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
You can disable it. Just go to "Settings" > "vehicle settings" > and then "driver assist setup"

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
once you unplug your battery, the lights will light up just like you said. I think it has something to do with resetting some systems. You'll have to drive it a few miles and then everything will recalibrate and the lights should go away.
Sponsored