Dash Cam

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
Any one else running a Dash cam?

Just installed my Street Guardian SG9665GC, fits real nice next to the sensing suite behind the rear view mirror. I have the screen set to turn off after 15 seconds so it isn't a distraction.

Haven't hard wired it yet I just tucked the wires up under the head liner and ran to the passenger side under black door molding behind the glove box and to the cigarette plug.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash Cam 2016-01-16 14.03.27

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash Cam 2016-01-16 16.26.23

You can only see the front of the camera lens peaking out under the black dots, blends very nice with the sensing/rain sensors. Real difficult to get a good picture since it was so sunny today.

There is a slight bit of reflection/glare coming off the dash which will be corrected when I can order a polarized lens (backordered) but the footage is still great.

This camera also has a GPS receiver which I don't plan on running right now - I don't need a location or speed overlay on the video. :tinfoilhat:

I'll edit this post once I take some screen shots of some driving footage and get some better mounted pictures.

Last edited:

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A bit further down in Audio/nav/electronic is a thread 'Dash cams and installations'. Currently 22 replys.

ICanLiftACivicUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@CdnColin, I read about how you had covered your mirror sensor (and perhaps the wiper sensor) with your dash cam. I have the same model of camera - did you just move it to the other side of the mirror, or to the side of the poke-a-dot pattern behind the mirror or somewhere else?

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@CdnColin, I read about how you had covered your mirror sensor (and perhaps the wiper sensor) with your dash cam. I have the same model of camera - did you just move it to the other side of the mirror, or to the side of the poke-a-dot pattern behind the mirror or somewhere else?
Left it where it was. No issue with wiper sensor. Current info is in other dash cam thread.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the sensors are usually aimed at the back of the car, so there should not be any effect!
Check thread in: Tech Topics - Audio/Nav/Elec - Dash cams and installations. I inadvertantly blocked my sensor. Install pictures in thread. It does darken my rear view mirror.
Sponsored