Powder

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 BB FL5, 20 FBO FC3 (traded), 15 ML250, 04 325xi
Country flag
Ive read posts. Ive searched. I have car on Walmart ramps and Ive shaken everything, checked mounts, rubbers, sway bar, suspension Can't find problem.

Problems:
1) Stuttering when backing up and giving little to no gas.
2) popping sound coming from rear progressively getting worst. Noticed it on bumps, when turning and releasing clutch.

Car:
20 Si Coupe 47k mostly highway
Modded at 33k, owned since new
FBO minus exhaust.
Eibach sportlines, F&R sways, rear subframe brace
K series camber arms
PLM subframe sleeves
Haspar 62a RMM most likely over-torqued
Light 18" wheels, 20mm H&R spacers

I'm so bad at identifying stuff. My imagination goes wild. Im thinking motor mounts, tranny mounts, active dampers can't handle dropped springs, sway bar loose n banging. I go under car and it looks mint.
Sponsored

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey man, are you tuned? I didn't see that mentioned.

OP
OP
Powder

Powder

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

kyle11119

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2018, Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
1. Is the stutter only backing up?
2. I had the popping issue in the rear too about a week ago. Took me 2 days to track it down but I figured out the popping sound was actually the sway bar end links being loose. I also went down there and everything looked mint and tight but when i used a ratchet wrench on the sway bar end link it was pretty fn loose so I tightened it and that solved the popping noise in the back that got worse and worse. (That bolt was tight if I tryed to tighten it by hand but loose with the ratchet.)

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Problems:
1) Stuttering when backing up and giving little to no gas.
2) popping sound coming from rear progressively getting worst. Noticed it on bumps, when turning and releasing clutch.
1. Why is this an issue? Give a bit more gas? 🤷🏼 Reverse uses a different gear type and ratio.
2. Try re-lubing your RSB bushings, ensure the endlinks are super tight (a known source of clunking in the rear. Did you upgrade those?), and ensure the bar is centered.

Berserk_FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe SI
Country flag
you're going to have to better define the stutter, on any manual car too little gas in 1st or any gear really will leave the engine stuttering forward, you're just lugging it. the rear pops are most likely your endlinks, use an allen and wrench to tighten them down, it could also be the camber arms.

OP
OP
Powder

Powder

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. Is the stutter only backing up?
2. I had the popping ...
1. Why is this an issue...
you're going to have to better define the stutter...
Thank you, thank you & thank you.

Sway bars make a lot of sense. Yes I have links installed and will thro a ratchet to them bad boys asap. Any torque figures on those?

Rear stutter only, not a big deal, just embarrassing, I hate the feel if I don't get the pedal play perfect. Also I leave at 5am and don't wanna wake up kids so I try to go easy on gas. Even w/o exhaust, she has a throaty feel/sound.

On another note, 3rd gear grind is an absolute nightmare when I full throttle shift. I have ACT clutch w/ Sirimoto N1 mod. Grind is as bad if not worst than stock. I did a Royal Purple Syncromax flush yesterday. Stuff transformed my manual E34 M50 back in the days. Let's see.. Haven't tested it yet, still on ramps.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Sway bars make a lot of sense. Yes I have links installed and will thro a ratchet to them bad boys asap. Any torque figures on those?

Rear stutter only, not a big deal, just embarrassing, I hate the feel if I don't get the pedal play perfect. Also I leave at 5am and don't wanna wake up kids so I try to go easy on gas. Even w/o exhaust, she has a throaty feel/sound.

On another note, 3rd gear grind is an absolute nightmare when I full throttle shift. I have ACT clutch w/ Sirimoto N1 mod. Grind is as bad if not worst than stock. I did a Royal Purple Syncromax flush yesterday. Stuff transformed my manual E34 M50 back in the days. Let's see.. Haven't tested it yet, still on ramps.
The torque specs for the stabilizer bar is 27 lb-ft and the end links are 30 lb-ft for the lower mounting bolt and 55 lb-ft for the flange nut.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dang noises are starting. Need help pin pointing problem(s). 20 Si Coupe 1675269843867

Honda Civic 10th gen Dang noises are starting. Need help pin pointing problem(s). 20 Si Coupe 1675269869569

OP
OP
Powder

Powder

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The torque specs for the stabilizer bar is 27 lb-ft and the end links are 30 lb-ft for the lower mounting bolt and 55 lb-ft for the flange nut.

1675269843867.png

1675269869569.png
You, my friend, deserve a beer. I'm on it. Thank you

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

🙌🏼

1. The one place I did not use torque specs on my car was the endlink nuts. I cranked on them babies 🤣 with the impact gun. 😄 Been quiet since install.

2. I hear ya. 🤷🏼 Is what it is.

3. Have you tried adjusting the clutch pedal? Hopefully, the new fluid works.

OP
OP
Powder

Powder

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
🙌🏼

1. The one place I did not use torque specs on my car was the endlink nuts. I cranked on them babies 🤣 with the impact gun. 😄 Been quiet since install.

2. I hear ya. 🤷🏼 Is what it is.

3. Have you tried adjusting the clutch pedal? Hopefully, the new fluid works.
1 + 2) Gone, gone, gone!! It was all the Swaybar! Thanks a million Boyz!! Every nut/bolt was loose. I had to retorque everything down (the middle 27ft pounders being the worst). This is also what caused some sort of shatter in reverse, cuz it's also gone!

3) You can do that?
Cuz the Royal purple, I'm disappointed to feedback, didn't do squat. Still notchy, still experiencing gear lockout when I nail it.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1 + 2) Gone, gone, gone!! It was all the Swaybar! Thanks a million Boyz!! Every nut/bolt was loose. I had to retorque everything down (the middle 27ft pounders being the worst). This is also what caused some sort of shatter in reverse, cuz it's also gone!

3) You can do that?
Cuz the Royal purple, I'm disappointed to feedback, didn't do squat. Still notchy, still experiencing gear lockout when I nail it.
Yep, check the manual, SM23, somewhere around p.18.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
It's always the end links :cool:

kyle11119

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2018, Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
1. Gotchu homie glad its gone! Like @Doc_Mello said just cranked them as tight as possible works perfectly.
2. I also used to have bad 2nd gear grind and a bit of 3rd gear grind especially when it was cold. I found personally that the amsoil trans fluid and the shifter cable bushing helped me good amount but still had a little bit of grinding for day to day driving and would once in a while have 3rd gear lockout for fts. When I upgraded to the act clutch I went with the kzcmc and it never stopped me when I fts into 3rd. Maybe take a look into the cmc.