Damages After Tint Job

Brah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got tints on my 2017 Sports Hatch (4doors + rear). Tint job is great, but there was some damage i didnt really notice till i got home after work. Seems they damaged the window trim by what appears to be the trim getting taken off and bends showing where they removed it. There is also a sort of film on the inside of the car doors right below the windows. I’ll do more inspecting tomorrow, but based off this what would you recommend doing?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brah

Brah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a husband/wife business. Come from a small town and they’re the only ones besides dealers thT do it

OP
OP
Brah

Brah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@250GTCalifornia yeah i’m gonna stop down today and see what they’ll do. The trim def has to be replaced, but would rather they just reimburse me and i have the dealer fix it.

Hakuro

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue CTR
Country flag
I had a paint repair job done and they had to open the window trim off to make sure the paint didnt get on it. I also noticed bends which is understandable on parts that need to be pryed off...Was it this? My question to add on is will water/weather getting in here be a problem?

Honda Civic 10th gen Damages After Tint Job IMG_20190604_172638

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Those seals keep out a lot of water, but there are drains on the bottom of the door for any that does get into them. That’s why I said to ‘ask’. Try to work with people to fix things, rather than be confrontational.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a paint repair job done and they had to open the window trim off to make sure the paint didnt get on it. I also noticed bends which is understandable on parts that need to be pryed off...Was it this? My question to add on is will water/weather getting in here be a problem?

IMG_20190604_172638.jpg
Those pieces don't need to be touched when doing a tint job.

OP
OP
Brah

Brah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, all was settled. The shop took care of it with no issues
Sponsored