Damaged my CTR this morning...

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Finally have an estimate from a body shop; $510.00. I had already ordered the part so it will be about $180 cheaper. Even though insurance will cover with no deductible and no ding on my policy I plan to pay out of pocket and avoid the minor incident notation on the carfax.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Finally have an estimate from a body shop; $510.00. I had already ordered the part so it will be about $180 cheaper. Even though insurance will cover with no deductible and no ding on my policy I plan to pay out of pocket and avoid the minor incident notation on the carfax.
You're doing the right thing. Insurance companies say they won't ding your policy, but they can and do. State Farm, for example, will raise your comprehensive deductible to the next higher amount if you have more than 3 comprehensive claims in 3 years and they'll keep doing that until you effectively have no comprehensive insurance coverage at all. They can't cancel your policy, but they can and do find ways not to renew, which is effectively the same thing.

As far as CARFAUX, I don't trust anything I see there. I had two major repairs on two previous vehicles - both paid for by my insurance company - that never appeared on Carfax.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
You're doing the right thing. Insurance companies say they won't ding your policy, but they can and do. State Farm, for example, will raise your comprehensive deductible to the next higher amount if you have more than 3 comprehensive claims in 3 years and they'll keep doing that until you effectively have no comprehensive insurance coverage at all. They can't cancel your policy, but they can and do find ways not to renew, which is effectively the same thing.

As far as CARFAUX, I don't trust anything I see there. I had two major repairs on two previous vehicles - both paid for by my insurance company - that never appeared on Carfax.

Carfax is only good for mileage logs and how many owners. Autocheck actually gives out auction condition reports.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree. Their load should have been covered properly.
Sponsored