Vehicle(s)
BMW E30 '86, Porsche Boxster GTS '16 and Civic Type R '17
Vehicle Showcase

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
Still that's enough to piss off the pope. But it lets us all know to watch that damn debris. Sorry Dude.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear man, pretty incredible you got it on video though. Looks like it could have been a lot worse.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Looks like no videos can be uploaded so here are a couple of screen shots from my dash cam...

Capture Foam 2.JPG

Capture Foam 1.JPG
It must've been scary - it looks like a sheet of glass coming your way. Thank goodness you are okay and the car seems to just have a trim damage.

frankie881388

First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Outback, 2008 BMW 335iC
Driving to work this morning the truck in front of me caused a piece of construction foam (about 2" thick and 3' x 4') blow up from the side of the road. I could not avoid it and the result was damage to the front end trim. Styrofoam can pack a punch when it's flying through the air!

Anyway, it sucks, but that's why we have insurance, eh?

IMG_7116.JPG

IMG_7114.JPG
Sorry bro! I would get a dashcam if I was you. If it ever happens find his insurance company or his work company and claim!

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Sorry bro! I would get a dashcam if I was you. If it ever happens find his insurance company or his work company and claim!
Can't claim without proof or witnesses. The cam doesn't really show the tag.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
My VIOFO A119S allows me to overlay my tag/VIN/whatever text on the image along with the GPS coordinates. It's a lower-cost, higher-value dash cam - surely it's not the only dash cam with that feature.

frankie881388

First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Outback, 2008 BMW 335iC
Just saying...it all depends...I won my case a while back due to my dashcam, in addition to pictures I also took. Pictures only showed one point in time but the dashcam would supplement your account of what happened.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
:(

BTW which dash cam are you using?

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Not sure what exactly you folks are discussing on a claim. The debris did not come from the truck in front of me. The debris was laying on the side of the road and the truck only kicked it up to make it air born. Not sure what someone meant by the cam doesn't show the tag. Not sure what you mean by tag, if you are referring to impacting my car, then yes, the cam does show that. It also records sound so you hear the thug. Surprisingly you do not hear me say WHAT THE F%#& ??? I did not upload the video, only a few snap shops of the flying foam. When you watch the video you actually see the foam break apart into three pieces when it hits my car. My coworkers thought it was hilarious and plan to take the clip and add explosions. I hope to retire soon. My coworkers are assholes. ;)

My insurance will cover all repairs, no deductible, no hit on my insurance. It's a comprehensive claim because a falling object was the cause of the damage. I have ordered the Front Grill ($125 shipped). I wanted to get this ordered ASAP due to the rumors of part shortages. I have taken it to my local body shop that I have used for years. He suggested he paint the piece just above the front grill, it is actually part of the bumper. It has a few stress cracks in it due to the impact. Other then that, it's install the new front grill (swapping the emblems from old to new) and thats it.

So now, if I report a formal claim to my insurance it will be documented. If I have the repairs done out of pocket I avoid a report on a future carfax. The part is $125, what could be the cost of the paint on the top of the bumper and the installation?

What would you do?
Sponsored