Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I posted a couple months ago about getting a daily and it’s finally here. Well… been a week now. So far I got an oil change, tints all around and a needed car wash. Upcoming are brakes. Tires can hold off for another year or so. I present to you guys, my 2002 Hyundai Accent GL!
Honda Civic 10th gen Daily ??? 0B8E9333-5CD6-43B8-B5A5-60D855ECF9AA

gas prices in NJ aren’t playing around. Regular gas is pretty much 70 cents cheaper. I used to get gas every 8-9 days. Now. Maybe I’ll get gas every 3 weeks or so. I’m doing a 3-4 day split between the cars. Errands and light driving will be with the Accent. When I don’t work a double, I’ll use the Type R. Actually saw one yesterday. White one in Route R and it was a beauty. Seeing one on the road always makes me smile.

anybody else here running a daily to save on gas??? Please post them !
Sponsored

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Unless someone gives me a car that gives me 60mpg there is no way getting an additional car with the added costs of owning one will ever save money on gas. It's a civic, it's literally made to be a gas saving daily.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Unless someone gives me a car that gives me 60mpg there is no way getting an additional car with the added costs of owning one will ever save money on gas. It's a civic, it's literally made to be a gas saving daily.
To be fair though, the OP owns a Type R.

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
My Civic sedan with the NA 2.0 is my beater shitbox. It has saved me a fortune in fuel costs and it's not uncommon for me to get 40mph or a bit more while cruising at highway speeds. Your beater should treat you the same way.

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I keep debating on getting a second car but it's to keep the mileage off my FK7. I'm getting 40-50mpg but I drive about 120 miles a day. Hoping a second car can just ease up on the wear and tear. Problem is the market, I was looking at Velosters but they wanted 22.6k for a 2019 that was originally 24k. Can't justify that right now lol

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My Civic sedan with the NA 2.0 is my beater shitbox. It has saved me a fortune in fuel costs and it's not uncommon for me to get 40mph or a bit more while cruising at highway speeds. Your beater should treat you the same way.
You should go a little faster than 40mph on the highway :)

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah I keep debating on getting a second car but it's to keep the mileage off my FK7. I'm getting 40-50mpg but I drive about 120 miles a day. Hoping a second car can just ease up on the wear and tear. Problem is the market, I was looking at Velosters but they wanted 22.6k for a 2019 that was originally 24k. Can't justify that right now lol
Its a base civic man, just drive it. I can't possibly see how buying, registering, and maintaining a second car while paying for gas and insurance would offset wear and tear on one of the cheapest cars to fix and maintain.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm in the camp of definitely want a daily. Have been lurking craigslist and etc. for another first generation TSX or an 8th gen Civic SI. Don't like the idea of putting 15-20k miles annually on my CTR :(

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its a base civic man, just drive it. I can't possibly see how buying, registering, and maintaining a second car while paying for gas and insurance would offset wear and tear on one of the cheapest cars to fix and maintain.
True! I guess my thought process was to try to keep mileage down to eventually trade in for the R.

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
Ha! sad_face.jpg. I need to get into a remote job
Do it man! Saves you a lot of money and you really only drive for errands or for fun. I get about 20mpg in my CTR because I tear ass everywhere now and it's mostly city and I'm not tracking MPG (for the first time ever on one of my cars), just driving for enjoyment. Not having to fill up 1-2 times a week DEFINITELY helps with just letting it rip all the time.. I mean, i gotta match my license plate anyway...

Honda Civic 10th gen Daily ??? PXL_20210930_014852701.NIGHT