Dad burnt my clutch

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My dad took my car to the store while I was asleep. Later tells me while he was driving, after doing a pull, something started to smell burnt. Said it was like rubber and/or the brakes. He thought that he left the ebrake up while driving, I told him the car would put the ebrake down when it detected it was moving automatically. My first guess was that he burnt to clutch. He knows how to drive stick so he did not believe me when I said he burnt the clutch this bad. The smell lingered for a while. This is my first manual car and I do not personally know what burnt clutch smells like but not sure what else it could be. I drove the car after and did a couple pulls, did not notice any difference in how the car felt. I took it on a canyon run as well and the smell is almost all gone. Just want to know if my assumption would be right.
Sponsored

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
burnt clutch and clutch smell are two different things to me. A hard launch will create a clutch burning smell and is common with full face organic clutches. Riding the clutch un necessarily will burn the clutch out. If its holds torque and shifts fine, just assume he rode the clutch a little hard during shifts

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He probably used 2% of your clutch in one trip to the store...it's fine...next time sleep with your keys in your pockets :)

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I’m gonna guess your Dad just isn’t used to or knows what rev hang is.

My dad always drove manuals when I was growing up and I let him drive my Si when I got it. When I start talking about how bad the rev hang is in this car, he has no idea what i’m talking about.

Sounds like he got the clutch a little hot shifting quickly. No worries
Sponsored