lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
When did u find it out? i have mine thats leaking for 4 days now but not leak leak just tiny leaks.
I noticed it after I put the new springs in but that car was still up on the rack, wheels off. I was looking at the brake lines making sure nothing was messed up when I noticed some grease where it shouldn’t be on a new car. So I rotated the axle and saw the tiny glops of grease from the 2 mm linear tear sitting on the outside of the boot. Just grabbed some duct tape and cleaned the wound then sealed it ass best I could. Ill find out if it’s been holding up tomorrow
Sponsored

jbatman1080

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (White Orchid Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed it after I put the new springs in but that car was still up on the rack, wheels off. I was looking at the brake lines making sure nothing was messed up when I noticed some grease where it shouldn’t be on a new car. So I rotated the axle and saw the tiny glops of grease from the 2 mm linear tear sitting on the outside of the boot. Just grabbed some duct tape and cleaned the wound then sealed it ass best I could. Ill find out if it’s been holding up tomorrow
im in my 5th day, should i replace the whole assembly or boots? (i only drive 30 miles a day)

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
im in my 5th day, should i replace the whole assembly or boots? (i only drive 30 miles a day)
If you're not hearing a clicking noise (from outside the car) as you're turning, you should be fine. I'd get the wheel off and patch up the CV boot ASAP, but replacing the boot and grease will always be best for the long term. If you're not hearing a clicking noise, then your grease levels should still be good. Just gotta stop the leak.

jbatman1080

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (White Orchid Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're not hearing a clicking noise (from outside the car) as you're turning, you should be fine. I'd get the wheel off and patch up the CV boot ASAP, but replacing the boot and grease will always be best for the long term. If you're not hearing a clicking noise, then your grease levels should still be good. Just gotta stop the leak.
Thanks! Will do this then change the boot when it arrives.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks! Will do this then change the boot when it arrives.
Change the boot as soon as you can. I checked my boot after 1 week and this is what it looked like with grease leaking. Hard to tell how much grease I've lost but sealing it super temporary.

Honda Civic 10th gen D2 Lowering Springs IMG_1125.JPG

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Change the boot as soon as you can. I checked my boot after 1 week and this is what it looked like with grease leaking. Hard to tell how much grease I've lost but sealing it super temporary.

IMG_1125.JPG
Are the replacement part available? Last time I checked it’s on back order

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_1125.JPG
And this is why I’m hesitant to lower mine, or have someone do it.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
And this is why I’m hesitant to lower mine, or have someone do it.
This was a tear i did myself on accident as i was pulling the strut, nothing from the car being lowered itself if you're worried about that. My driver side is fine. If you do it yourself, you can definitely control for ripping it or not.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was a tear i did myself on accident as i was pulling the strut, nothing from the car being lowered itself if you're worried about that. My driver side is fine. If you do it yourself, you can definitely control for ripping it or not.
Yeah I know. I was going to have someone do it, possibly PRL. I’m just hesitant now. Have other stuff that I want to do before lowering it anyway. I’m not sure how much is to gain in the handling department cuz the car handles so well stock. I’d lower it just for looks on Eibach Pro’s.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah I know. I was going to have someone do it, possibly PRL. I’m just hesitant now. Have other stuff that I want to do before lowering it anyway. I’m not sure how much is to gain in the handling department cuz the car handles so well stock. I’d lower it just for looks on Eibach Pro’s.
I agree with ya, lowering isn't a priority in the Si since the suspension set up is pretty good as it is. With new springs, ADS isn't as robust, but there is still a noticeable difference. Lowering was definitely more of an aesthetics thing for me.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
Got a chance to lower the car yesterday, rides amazing!!! Think sports mode, a bit more stiffer ride, with almost 2 inches drop.... car looks amazing. I have a friend of mine who has a lot of experience with cars and told him the issue that most people had with the boot. He took his time and got my car back in 3 hrs, no boot rip over here :) he said you have to take your time, apparently there are some hooks that you have to be careful with to not rip the boot.... at the end the lesson is take your time if you’re going to do it yourself otherwise paying someone at times if you have some money on the side isn’t a bad idea.

Last edited:

Locksedan

First Name
Lock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic lx sedan
Country flag
I have no leaks but the distinctave clicking noise? Any ideas I was thinking maybe my strut bolts were too loose?.

coleman17

I've had these springs since about 2 weeks after purchasing my '18 Si Sedan in early August. No warning lights. $220 for installation at a shop. I was set on putting coilovers on my next car, but when I found out about the sports mode suspension stiffening, I figured springs would do until the factory suspension breaks or wears out, don't want to have to deal with a code being thrown every time I turn the car on. The D2 springs are great though.
Sponsored