D2 Lowering Springs

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
Hey guys I just ordered D2's... do you think I'll need something to avoid from getting a warning light due to the suspension.
Sponsored

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Hey guys I just ordered D2's... do you think I'll need something to avoid from getting a warning light due to the suspension.
You should be good if it’s just the springs. You only get the light when you replace your suspensions with coilovers.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
You should be good if it’s just the springs. You only get the light when you replace your suspensions with coilovers.
Cheesus you're the bomb, thank you for confirming that for me... I'm stoked and can't wait to put them on. Do you have experience with these springs?

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just lowered mine on D2's after I was inspired by how Cheesus' SI fit.

You're not going to get rub from the OEM wheels, but you may get some from wider wheels with passengers in the car. It's going to sit significantly lower than OEM ride height, and the ride quality will be become more rigid. Subjectively, I like it better than OEM, but unless you like the out-of-OEM-spec rear camber, get some adjustable camber arms as well and install them all together with the springs. It'll take a day or so and some driving for the springs to settle, so I'd get the alignment a day or two after some driving.

If you're doing them yourself, the front struts suck to get off as a heads up. These were my first springs I did myself and took me 5 hours on my own to figure it all out after trying to replicate youtube videos.

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen D2 Lowering Springs 9BA64028-C802-4183-9A35-6E88E8A0B0B1
Honda Civic 10th gen D2 Lowering Springs F10A977F-4A52-4DE1-B581-272AE12B37AC
Honda Civic 10th gen D2 Lowering Springs A150FDC0-7769-406C-A562-1A7BA4E66A55
Cheesus you're the bomb, thank you for confirming that for me... I'm stoked and can't wait to put them on. Do you have experience with these springs?
You are not gonna regret it. D2 springs gave my car the drop I wanted. Like what lurker said if you are worried about the wheels rubbing don’t go wider wheel. I have 9.5 wheels on and it rubs but I think getting a smaller tire will fix it. Post pic and let us know what you think after you get it installed.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
9BA64028-C802-4183-9A35-6E88E8A0B0B1.jpeg
F10A977F-4A52-4DE1-B581-272AE12B37AC.jpeg
A150FDC0-7769-406C-A562-1A7BA4E66A55.jpeg

You are not gonna regret it. D2 springs gave my car the drop I wanted. Like what lurker said if you are worried about the wheels rubbing don’t go wider wheel. I have 9.5 wheels on and it rubs but I think getting a smaller tire will fix it. Post pic and let us know what you think after you get it installed.
Thank you guys, I feel a lot more comfortable now! Springs should arrive by the weekend, do you know more or less what tech shops usually charge to install them ($150 - 250)?

Car looks awesome btw, super clean

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you guys, I feel a lot more comfortable now! Springs should arrive by the weekend, do you know more or less what tech shops usually charge to install them ($150 - 250)?

PRL quoted me like $400 to put springs on. Not sure how that compares to other shops.

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag

I was gonna install myself but I got lazy so I paid $180 for installation.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
I was gonna install myself but I got lazy so I paid $180 for installation.
That's what I was thinking... $150 - 250 max. I have some buddies in Miami that are deep in the car scene so I've reached out to see if they can hook me. I appreciate all of the information guys, this helps tons. Can't wait to have my current setup complete then post pics and on to the next mod LOL

j__d__a

First Name
jake d allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I payed $150 for the install, took them about 3 hours.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone had concern about the CV boots getting torn on install? Seems like a bunch of guys have blown CV boots not too long after putting springs on. The consensus is that they get nicked when the front struts are taken out/put back in.

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Has anyone had concern about the CV boots getting torn on install? Seems like a bunch of guys have blown CV boots not too long after putting springs on. The consensus is that they get nicked when the front struts are taken out/put back in.
i heard it's a common issue but luckily mine was good when i had 'em check. I know a couple people that has this issue. Also I was told that the cv boot is on backorder at the moment

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i heard it's a common issue but luckily mine was good when i had 'em check. I know a couple people that has this issue. Also I was told that the cv boot is on backorder at the moment
Yeah I’m just hesitant because of that. I don’t want to pay a ton to have it done but I also don’t want an issue.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah I’m just hesitant because of that. I don’t want to pay a ton to have it done but I also don’t want an issue.
I actually had mine tear a tiny bit on the front passenger side. Small enough though that I could seal with some duct tape. But wouldn’t have found it if I didn’t inspect it.

Mine came from friction between my cv boot and the knuckle assembly when trying to get the strut out. If you’re careful, you won’t tear it. Just gotta pay attention to how you're shifting everything.

Last edited:

jbatman1080

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (White Orchid Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually had mine tear a tiny bit on the front passenger side. Small enough though that I could seal with some duct tape. But wouldn’t have found it if I didn’t inspect it.

Mine came from friction between my cv boot and the knuckle assembly when trying to get the strut out. If you’re careful, you won’t tear it. Just gotta pay attention to how you're shifting everything.
When did u find it out? i have mine thats leaking for 4 days now but not leak leak just tiny leaks.
Sponsored