meow

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport & 2017 Ford Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with these installed on a Hatchback can provide me a quick review of the ride quality? Thank you.
Sponsored

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
I just ordered the bc max low kit and was also comparing to D2. Went with BC for the following reasons

1) Customer Support= No comparison here. You can order replacement parts online and the people who pick up the phone are nice and knowledgeable about what they sell
2)Previously owned BC max low for a 2013 Camry that was awesome, basically lower the entire bumper on the ground if I wanted to
3) Only mfr who offers normal and max low as well as ease of customizing (spring rates, spring lengths etc)
4) Fixed sway bar endlinks for BC adjustable for D2. Like just slapping the correct endlink on without having to geek out on if I adjusted the endlink correctly
5) BC uses brake line mount welded to lower mount, D2 uses a cheap ass zip tie thing to mount brake line

D2 is 130 dollars cheaper and readily available however without the 5 week lead time of BC, but figured long term I would have more adjustment with BC and ordering coilovers is something I only want to do once

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thank you for the detailed response.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
BC Ultra Low

Honda Civic 10th gen d2 coilovers or bc racing coilovers Coils.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen d2 coilovers or bc racing coilovers Coils 1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen d2 coilovers or bc racing coilovers Coils 2.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen d2 coilovers or bc racing coilovers Coil 3.JPG

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
How to decipher the numbers on spring, sorry about the creepy picture I don't know how to draw with a mouse

62= Spring Inner Diameter 62mm
135=Spring Length 135mm
008= Spring Rate 8K

Honda Civic 10th gen d2 coilovers or bc racing coilovers InkedCoils 1_LI

Last edited:

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
not sure if there is a 100% definitive answer to your query. Over the years ive messed around with different spring rates and found going higher in the rear made my cars too twitchy and overly precise. I like understeer since it is more forgiving and tends to wander less on the highways. Also i figure since the majority of weight is more in the front a heavier spring will help compensate. I am also using a progress rear bar that has balanced the car out nicely. Since the rear and front rates are so close the difference im sure is negligable anyways
Sponsored

Last edited: