WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Eastern Tennessee Region SCCA is a smorgasboard in DS. Results from Sunday 4/18/21. Ended up 9th in PAX, 17th raw time. Of the 16 drivers faster, only one was in street class, a C6 Z06.

1618943626227.png
Holy hell to the guy in the Golf R. They are terrible AX cars.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
A couple more photos from this past weekend

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing _DSC5833.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing _DSC5172.JPG

Also, my Federal 595RS Pro vs. my Yoko Advan V601. Federals are 255, Yoks are 265 and are technically slimmer haha.

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing PXL_20210420_214333136

I imagine ill get through most of the summer with the Federals, just trying to figure out what ill replace them with after..Ive been really happy with them.

lundgrenj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had my first event in the CTR and am looking for some feedback. I have a lot of experience, but this car is new for me.

Stock camber adjustment is done.
Stock sway bars.
Tires: RE-71R 265s, 35f/35r.

I noticed the car can be a bit "bouncy" with a course that is not entirely "flat" (as some parking lots are). I *think* part of what I experience is my abruptness when making adjustments to quick features like the entrace into a Chicago box.

However, what I feel is the car will "undulate" a bit at times, causing the LSD to fight me a bit, or just losing a bit of traction at times.

Question: maybe I need a rear bar to control that? Maybe I need to slow my hands down? Maybe I need to adjust something else, tire pressure, or maybe this just a course dependant thing.

Does any of this sound familiar?

BTW, I ended up 7th in pax out of 107, so it's not that I was "slow", but I think I could have found another .2 without this issue.

Jeff

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
@lundgrenj

Is it the rear end bouncing?

I don't have an answer, but I'm going to assume it's largely surface related. Perhaps you could swap rear sway bars, but unless you're struggling with rotating I don't see the point.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
I had my first event in the CTR and am looking for some feedback. I have a lot of experience, but this car is new for me.

Stock camber adjustment is done.
Stock sway bars.
Tires: RE-71R 265s, 35f/35r.

I noticed the car can be a bit "bouncy" with a course that is not entirely "flat" (as some parking lots are). I *think* part of what I experience is my abruptness when making adjustments to quick features like the entrace into a Chicago box.

However, what I feel is the car will "undulate" a bit at times, causing the LSD to fight me a bit, or just losing a bit of traction at times.

Question: maybe I need a rear bar to control that? Maybe I need to slow my hands down? Maybe I need to adjust something else, tire pressure, or maybe this just a course dependant thing.

Does any of this sound familiar?

BTW, I ended up 7th in pax out of 107, so it's not that I was "slow", but I think I could have found another .2 without this issue.

Jeff
Sounds like you got this as you're quite fast already! As the undulations go, all your competitors are fighting the same thing. So do what you can there. Sometimes you can pick that up in the walk-through and adjust your line a little bit.

Stiffening the rear is not going have a direct correlation to the LSD struggle. However, the CTR does react well to a stiffer rear bar. I'm running the Karcepts bar set at 3/3 (4/4 is stiffest). I was at 3/2, but found the stiffer setting rotates a little better at the risk of getting tail happy with the wrong inputs. So indirectly, a stiffer rear bar will help.

My biggest adjustment to the CTR is not braking hard enough. Been threshold braking a non-ABS car for years and my body is trained to hit that every time. Now with ABS, I need to stomp a wee bit harder to get the pulse feedback. I was driving a slower car before so now I need to increase braking distance to stay on my line. That has been working wonders for me recently.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rear sway question, why are people choosing karcepts over RV6??

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
I chose the Karcepts because it offers more adjustability and offers the option to go much stiffer. My current 3/3 setting is 1265 lbf/in. The RV6 is 950 or 1350. The RV6 softest setting is 700 versus 721 stock.
Also the mounting blocks on the Karcepts has grease zerks to help keep it quiet!

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Interesting that you guys see so many CTR’s in your groups. I’m the only one to run in our local group. First actual track day is done. The car did fantastic. I think it’s actually much better suited to that than AutoX. Our courses are so tight they penalize cars that can’t really use first gear. I got smoked last weekend by an Audi A3 with a DSG. He came out of the corners with AWD in first gear like he was shot out of gun.

Last edited:

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
having run both front and rear sways in my03 s2k, i was sold on brian's design.
when i was trouble shooting some end link problems, his responses were timely and helpful.
lastly, he sent updated arms (from 5-hole to 4-hole) at no cost to the three of us who are running the rsb on our FK8s in hawaii.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
having run both front and rear sways in my03 s2k, i was sold on brian's design.
when i was trouble shooting some end link problems, his responses were timely and helpful.
lastly, he sent updated arms (from 5-hole to 4-hole) at no cost to the three of us who are running the rsb on our FK8s in hawaii.
Good customer service always wins.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did a tiny bit of tire testing yesterday. Swapped seats in another CTR that was running 275s yoks while I have 275/35 660s. Other driver has a jacket

Temp 60 degrees both sets of tires have 30 runs

Yok's car setup 1/8 toe out on the rear Karcepts bar set to full stiff.
660s car 0 toe, Karcepts bar setting 3/2.

First run out on the yoks I found them extremely easy to find pace and were very compliant but steer feel numb and the full stiff bar on cold tires caught me out in the second turn a tiny bit. Run a 33.9 but tagged a cone. Second run out was a safer run as I didn't have a clean afternoon run; 34.0.

Alex running on the 660s first run complained how much the car felt like it drove on a knife. The 660s first run out always feels dicy run was a 34.0. With a bit of heat in the tires on his second run he ran a 33.7.

We then swapped back to our own cars for the last runs. We both ran a 33.6 within 20 thousands of each other. I ended up tagging the start cone somehow but would have ended second in pax between Alex and Strano

tldr; Yoks and 660s seem to be a wash in performance once the 660s get up to temp

Next week we plan to do the same tire test, but instead of Yoks we test 71s. Also the 660s look new while the Yoks look far from it

Last edited: