First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As noted earlier its mainly the brake torque vectoring or whatever Honda calls it that makes a difference to me in the wet by using pedal dance. It makes the car a lot less nervous as it doesn't try to grab rear brake to "help" turn in. In the dry I using +R and hold doesn't seem to be any issue.
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Our first event of the year got cancelled due to severe weather. Now the second event is 3 days before my first ever HDPE at Atlanta Motorsports Park. I definitely want to do both still, but if I break something, I probably won't have time for repairs before the HDPE. Might take it easy.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Motegi will not be in till June. A group of us have reached out to Apex about possible group buy of an autocross specific wheel. Still waiting on a response from them for an MOQ
Would like to get in on this if possible.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Are there any lightweight aftermarket exhausts that aren't $$$$?

Not sure I want to blow my ear drums like Jen ;) with a straight pipe but the car is so quiet compared to my 1LE. It's probably only a little louder than my 10th gen Si, with most of that being from the fake audio.

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
Not sure. Just kind of curious if anyone compared the weights of some of the aftermarket ones
You aren’t going to save much if any with a stainless steel setup (unless you do something like Jens straight pipe). My R400 maybe saved 1-2 lbs.

My full Ti Rampage fab (hey it’s for sale!) saved about 25 lbs... then again you have to pay more for full Ti.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still won't recommend mine to anyone....but I think if I were to do it again to add a resonator in my middle section thats still stainless would make it a lot less annoying....

Because I haven't autocrossed at all for more than a year the stock rear section is on the car and the aluminum megaphone has just been leaning against the wall at home for all this time....lol

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
First event / TnT in the books. Car drives much like my 10th gen Si, with power power and less roll. +R mode was fine in terms of any noticeable computer stuff, but I do think it may be too stiff for my local venue (Devens), but the TnT was short and tight. I might play with the pedal dance and sport mode next time.

Looks good with the NSX wheels. Day ended with a corded front (previously used) tire. Is there a better set of lug nuts that I should grab for the NSX wheels? I would imagine they would need to be ball seat like the OEM ones and not the 'tuner' style that many are. I used the stock lug nuts with the NSX Ys but getting a socket in there was a bit of a challenge.
Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing 1Jg3BL5ZEo_nKiTER5yI1PNl2oNcd2Om2J30rjRP8jVw=w2400

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing cBLJPbChFv-2c_ne9STHK0UGUPvx6R9ddCyuOg3Kumz0=w2400

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
First event / TnT in the books. Car drives much like my 10th gen Si, with power power and less roll. +R mode was fine in terms of any noticeable computer stuff, but I do think it may be too stiff for my local venue (Devens), but the TnT was short and tight. I might play with the pedal dance and sport mode next time.

Looks good with the NSX wheels. Day ended with a corded front (previously used) tire. Is there a better set of lug nuts that I should grab for the NSX wheels? I would imagine they would need to be ball seat like the OEM ones and not the 'tuner' style that many are. I used the stock lug nuts with the NSX Ys but getting a socket in there was a bit of a challenge.
1Jg3BL5ZEo_nKiTER5yI1PNl2oNcd2Om2J30rjRP8jVw=w2400.jpg

cBLJPbChFv-2c_ne9STHK0UGUPvx6R9ddCyuOg3Kumz0=w2400.jpg
Many of us with the NSX Y spoke rims are using Danny's lug nuts.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/lug-nut-solution-for-nsx-wheels-solved.42281/page-3

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Thanks, scrolled right past this in the thread when I saw the $285 price.

Will order a set of those once I sort my tire situation out. One the fence about ordering either two new Yokos or a full set of SC3. I was very happy with wear on the SC3 on my 1LE. A smidge off the pace of some of the others but significantly cheaper with the 25% off USAA discount.