CTR3829

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks!! I have been looking around in quite a few places. It seems those motegis are now a special order item. I will look around for NSX wheels probably as those seem to be the crowd favorite hopefully I can find 4 of them.
Sponsored

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Thanks!! I have been looking around in quite a few places. It seems those motegis are now a special order item. I will look around for NSX wheels probably as those seem to be the crowd favorite hopefully I can find 4 of them.
@apexit53 just got me a set last week, so you might have some luck with him.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Motegi will not be in till June. A group of us have reached out to Apex about possible group buy of an autocross specific wheel. Still waiting on a response from them for an MOQ

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Motegi will not be in till June. A group of us have reached out to Apex about possible group buy of an autocross specific wheel. Still waiting on a response from them for an MOQ
What spec wheel are you guys asking for from Apex?

In my contact with them, they've been incredibly unhelpful and unresponsive so curious to see what they come back with.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I guess I can scratch my plans of running the stock Contis. Picked up some used NSX Ys, with A052s as well as an alignment today. I feel like these wheels don't come up used very often so seemed like a smart idea.

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing IMG_2695.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing IMG_2697.JPG

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Was there any sort of consensus on +R mode and holding VSA for 10s over the pedal dance? It sounds like without the pedal dance the AHA is apparently still on from skimming this thread.

On the other 10th gens I've owned/autocrossed I always did the pedal dance but they didn't offer a 10s 'full off' button press.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
Was there any sort of consensus on +R mode and holding VSA for 10s over the pedal dance? It sounds like without the pedal dance the AHA is apparently still on from skimming this thread.

On the other 10th gens I've owned/autocrossed I always did the pedal dance but they didn't offer a 10s 'full off' button press.

Thats what i did! No pedal dance needed. in fact i never did pedal dance on the type r. The only time i considered it was in the rain where if i wanted the suspension a little softer but never had to do it.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
I tried the pedal dance and it seemed like the struts had no resistance as the car was wallowing uncontrollably. Give it a try, but you will find it useless. Just use VSA full off!

The Honda engineers really nailed the electronics on the Type R.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Signed up for my first autocross of the year next month, cant wait. Wrapped up my tune with Mike at Kinetic Autoworks so now im all set. Car feels way different now. Cant wait.

Mcsinc

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 S2000, 2018 CTR CW CTR
Country flag
Seems like it’s personal preference but I like the Karcepts bar on 4/5 with vsa long hold.

I’ve tried both long hold and pedal dance and prefer long hold. Pedal dance doesnt work with r mode (you’ll see it automatically switched to sport mode) so shocks are really soft and less power. No brainer for me

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Seems like it’s personal preference but I like the Karcepts bar on 4/5 with vsa long hold.

I’ve tried both long hold and pedal dance and prefer long hold. Pedal dance doesnt work with r mode (you’ll see it automatically switched to sport mode) so shocks are really soft and less power. No brainer for me
I didn't know you couldn't pedal dance in +R, that's good to know!

However - the power is the same in all modes. Throttle response changes from Comfort -> Sport, but Sport and +R are the same in terms of throttle response.

https://www.hondainfocenter.com/201...ssis-Features/Three-Mode-Drive-System-Type-R/

Honda said:
Sport mode is the default setting, and drivers can press either Comfort or +R on the toggle switch by the shift lever, depending upon the job at hand; a readout in the instrument panel indicates the mode engaged.

• The three-mode drive system has an effect on six different functions:
    • In Sport mode, the dampers are firm for flat cornering; the Electric Power Steering (EPS) provides a direct, linear feel; drive-by-wire throttle response is powerful and direct; the rev-match system makes for seamless downshifts; and both VSA and the traction-control function are fully engaged.
    • When the Comfort button is pressed, the dampers soften up to provide a comfortable, compliant ride; EPS lightens up the required effort for easier turning; the throttle response is smoother and less abrupt; and the rev-match, VSA and traction-control features are unchanged.
    • Press the +R button when it’s time to let the Type R really show its stuff, and the dampers get much more firm for flat, precision handling; the EPS firms up and delivers maximum road feel through the steering wheel; throttle response matches the immediacy of Sport mode; the rev-match system ups the responsiveness for even faster down-shifting; and the VSA and traction control can be switched off to let it all hang out.
Sponsored