First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Damn, lucky!

Just got our schedule the other day. First event is 4.18 so not too far out.

Decided im just going to send it on these 200aa's until I can pull the trigger on R comps (im not in DS).

Discount was having one heck of a sale the other day so I decided to just pick up some summer tires that will last me a while for the "show" wheels and ended up grabbin Advan Apex's (265-35-18) for like $670 installed. Couldnt pass that deal up.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Damn, lucky!

Just got our schedule the other day. First event is 4.18 so not too far out.

Decided im just going to send it on these 200aa's until I can pull the trigger on R comps (im not in DS).

Discount was having one heck of a sale the other day so I decided to just pick up some summer tires that will last me a while for the "show" wheels and ended up grabbin Advan Apex's (265-35-18) for like $670 installed. Couldnt pass that deal up.
My first is 4/25. I have at least two weeks worth of work to do to the car before that, but waiting for warm enough weather to go out to the garage ?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
My first is 4/25. I have at least two weeks worth of work to do to the car before that, but waiting for warm enough weather to go out to the garage ?
Yeah, weather here in MN is supposed to hit 50 degrees this weekend, so Im thinking of putting the car up on jacks to put some stuff on. Gonna mount new wheels, motor mount, and probably do brake pads. If its too cold, ill close the garage and fire up my heater haha. Im over this cold shit.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, weather here in MN is supposed to hit 50 degrees this weekend, so Im thinking of putting the car up on jacks to put some stuff on. Gonna mount new wheels, motor mount, and probably do brake pads. If its too cold, ill close the garage and fire up my heater haha. Im over this cold shit.
Man... I've got a Hondata fuel system, PRL intercooler pipes, flex fuel kit and inlet pipe, front rotors, pads for all 4 corners, valve cover replacement, Hybrid shifter, Acuity linkage bushings, trans fluid and brake fluid, and need to go order tires for my new wheels and have them mounted.

The other guys in SMF aren't gonna know what hit em ?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Man... I've got a Hondata fuel system, PRL intercooler pipes, flex fuel kit and inlet pipe, front rotors, pads for all 4 corners, valve cover replacement, Hybrid shifter, Acuity linkage bushings, trans fluid and brake fluid, and need to go order tires for my new wheels and have them mounted.

The other guys in SMF aren't gonna know what hit em ?
Does Wisconsin allow R comps in SMF like MN does? My goal was to get a set of Nankang AR1's for this season, looking a bit more like middle of the season now which is fine because I need to run down my RS Pro tires.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does Wisconsin allow R comps in SMF like MN does? My goal was to get a set of Nankang AR1's for this season, looking a bit more like middle of the season now which is fine because I need to run down my RS Pro tires.
TBH, I never bothered to check. I never had any intention of running an R comp, just a 200tw.

That being said, I would assume so. I'm not one of those guys that chases every event looking for points, or trophies, or titles or whatever. I'm just out there to beat on my car with my friends and have a good time.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
TBH, I never bothered to check. I never had any intention of running an R comp, just a 200tw.

That being said, I would assume so. I'm not one of those guys that chases every event looking for points, or trophies, or titles or whatever. I'm just out there to beat on my car with my friends and have a good time.
Im the same way but I get very competitive. Theres a TL on hoosier slicks that shows up and cleans house in SMF each time. I really want to exploit the ruleset as much as I can :D

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i am getting spoiled... from 1/31 to 4/25 we have 3 races completed and 5 additional races confirmed :drive:
(typically, a season for us consists of a tnt, 12 races + championship runoffs)

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
One of the perks of CA, we'll be on our 6th event by the 26th of March
i am getting spoiled... from 1/31 to 4/25 we have 3 races completed and 5 additional races confirmed :drive:
(typically, a season for us consists of a tnt, 12 races + championship runoffs)
I'm right there with you, we'll have 10 events, with a Pro Solo and a Champ Tour included in there (though those are more likely to slip due to capacity restrictions)

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Got the chance to knock off some rust this weekend. Struggled a bit at the CCR event. My first 3 runs were me realizing that autoX isn't easy and my last run would have put me in the top 15/230 I tagged a cone.

The following day went out to bristol which which is one of the most inane sites in the country. The lot has a ton of elevation changes and whoops that it makes for an interesting run every run. Ended up 1st in PAX its nice having a "cheater car" ;)

The 660s put down power much better than the RE71 but the softer sidewalls makes them a handful when they start to step out. Also running a ton of PSI and the fronts are rolling over 39F and 37R. No crazy weird wear

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing 158644713_919202618650667_3992127354724192145_

Last edited:

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
Nice driving at Bristol Steven! I benefitted from co-driving with Alex. It is clear that the larger tires on your car are a benefit. Gives just little more speed at the top of 2nd gear, while the car can still easily put down power with them. I'll just need to struggle until I burn these off.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Experimenting with the new camera location. The ground was pretty "sandy" so had trouble putting down power in a few places, but still managed to raw time some of the faster GT3's so was pretty happy with my performance.