David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
My Day 1 performance was a bit lacking, but was very happy with my Day 2 run which put me 1st in class, and 5th in PAX.

Still a bit messy at spots, but was a very respectable time, beating some of the fast GT4's on raw time.

Nice run. Makes me jealous because we still have a foot of snow on the ground in Iowa. We even had to cancel some rally crosses. What was the temperature there?
Sponsored

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
we C
Hopefully this fixes the problem

1614107451103.png
Are these 3/8"-16 or 3/8"-24? Probably a good idea to have some with me. Definitely easier than putting one drop of Loctite on the threads when its up under the car. I use a ratcheting wrench to get them on/off quickly. The biggest issue I've had is getting the bolt out of the hole. Moving the suspension a little helps free it.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
we C

Are these 3/8"-16 or 3/8"-24? Probably a good idea to have some with me. Definitely easier than putting one drop of Loctite on the threads when its up under the car. I use a ratcheting wrench to get them on/off quickly. The biggest issue I've had is getting the bolt out of the hole. Moving the suspension a little helps free it.
I can't see any reason in the world they'd be a fine thread. 3/8-16 makes the most sense.

To be fair I don't have this sway bar, I'm just speaking from an engineering standpoint.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
we C

3/8th 24 yeah fine thread. And I am going to zmax on the 6th and bristol on the 7th if you want I can hand you a couple

https://www.mcmaster.com/93298A135/

Last edited:

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Nice run. Makes me jealous because we still have a foot of snow on the ground in Iowa. We even had to cancel some rally crosses. What was the temperature there?
Low 60's/High 50's though there was a STRONG wind, requiring a solid jacket if you didn't want to be wind chilled to death.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
That site looks amazing. So much space
The site is HUGE! For reference the course on the above video is roughly the blue line. We've had a few courses that run all the way down to the end of the bottom runway, but typically they have trouble with having enough cones and workers to staff the giant course layouts.

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing 1614275820287

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting that Crows is back on being used for autoX, its still a site I wish to do a fly and drive event or something in...

mwood

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic Type R 66 Sunbeam Tiger 88 Saab 900 Turbo
Country flag
Interesting that Crows is back on being used for autoX, its still a site I wish to do a fly and drive event or something in...
Crows is a great site with fantastic concrete. Yes, runways limit options, but there are lots of spurs and secondaries that can be used creatively. I want to say we started running there again maybe 2013-2014ish. Only real downside is the summer temps are consistently way above 100 and there's nowhere to hide...bring your EZup!

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it was last year or something they said they were gonna lose Crows?

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
I think it was last year or something they said they were gonna lose Crows?
It's on the chopping block for development, and the County said "hell no" to events most of last year (sounds like the events are capped at ~75 people even now, so the Tour & Pro are very iffy)

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Crows is a great site with fantastic concrete. Yes, runways limit options, but there are lots of spurs and secondaries that can be used creatively. I want to say we started running there again maybe 2013-2014ish. Only real downside is the summer temps are consistently way above 100 and there's nowhere to hide...bring your EZup!

Runways are limited options is not something I would refer to with a runway width of that length. I have ran a lot of runway course with a 45 foot turnaround where ripping the ebrake seemed like the best option

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Test and tune is coming up in 3 weeks. I waffled a bit about buying a RSB this winter, but decided against it. I did pretty well without one last year. I’m also pretty excited to be doing my first ever track day in April at Atlanta Motorsports Park. If that goes well, I’ll try another at Road Atlanta in June.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
That course is massive! Longest straight here we can just touch the top of 2nd.

Got us itching to get out again this year with our Si and CTR, and be able to share some videos here. This was the only event I could get to in our Blue Si last year due to COVID killing off most of the season:

Sponsored