First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think when I first got it on the car I've had that problem but then I just really crank on the nuts and I haven't had too much issue. I notice it being loose pretty quickly since it starts to clunk if its not tight....um, more so...

Up in MI I definitely don't have it on the car right now(well it hasn't been on the car at all in all of 2020 since I did squat with the car), with the rod ends and hard bushings its not great with the salt here...
Sponsored

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
yeah, sounds like you haven't cranked on them enough. If i don't get them tight enough I can hear a little clunking on the bar and tighten it back up.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
That is odd! Mine have held fast. Actually was hard to remove them to change the setting. Are you torqueing them to 29 ft-lbs?
I cranked on them. granted it was only a normal sized 14mm I used to "crank on it"

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
That should be plenty. 29 ft-lbs is not much! Try some loctite too!
Not sure I'd loctite something that is meant to be easily adjusted with one wrench while on the ground at the track, but do you...

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Much better than losing the nut! Loctite blue breaks loose easily with a wrench.
I'm sure its a common thread size. My first inclination if this is a known problem would be to replace the nut with a $0.10 nylock from a hardware store before using loctite.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To me, most of the time the problem is if you had the car on jack stand or something and you can get under it you can get ok leverage(still not great) since you can get least get 90 some amount of torque to the nut. If you are just changing bar setting without the car up or on a 2 post lift to put torque on the nut is kinda hard because you need to be applying force in Z direction (up/down) but your arms are stretching out and hard to do that. I got this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDKX3QN/) specifically for this reason as I can push/pull towards me while applying torque to the nut. 29ftlb is not a lot but most of the time in awkward position its not easy to get to...

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Yeah they keep coming undone
Yep. I lost half a dozen until I bought some that that have plastic on the threads to inhibit turning. I also use lock washers, crank the heck out them going on and have 4 spares in the glove box.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
My Day 1 performance was a bit lacking, but was very happy with my Day 2 run which put me 1st in class, and 5th in PAX.

Still a bit messy at spots, but was a very respectable time, beating some of the fast GT4's on raw time.

Sponsored