trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
Day 1 - 7th in pax. Day 2 I kept smacking cones. I stopped for a down cone on a run that felt really good. Looked at the data was 7 tenths up over my next fastest run. Really regretted stopping for that cone.

Also we mic'd up the engine bay and it sounds pretty dope

Nice driving Steven!

I drove like I was in my 100 hp FX16. Total crap when applied to the CTR! But talking to Alex, it was clear I've lost my way a bit. He did not tell me anything I did not know, but things that I have failed to execute properly. I'll get it worked out for next season.
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Well today was interesting. Our club does a no points charity autocross every December to raise money for toys for tots. We had the usual crowd. It was 31 at the start and the morning runs felt slow, but I wound up in first place PAX at the lunch break. Got even faster in the afternoon and won PAX for the first time ever! Shame it didn’t really count though.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well today was interesting. Our club does a no points charity autocross every December to raise money for toys for tots. We had the usual crowd. It was 31 at the start and the morning runs felt slow, but I wound up in first place PAX at the lunch break. Got even faster in the afternoon and won PAX for the first time ever! Shame it didn’t really count though.
Congrats man!

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
I ran my CRX Si in XSB at the Dixie Winter Championship Tour over the weekend. I was reminded that a wheel base of 90.6 is much more "snappier" than 116. ?

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Anyone try the new Falken RT660s yet? My 2021 setup will be the stock class spec 19 inch Motegis and 265-35-19 RT660s. I also need an alignment. Curious if anyone has feedback.

AjHawk

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
The RT660 is good for local competition and learning the car. It will not be able to keep up with the the RE71R’s on this platform though. The Bridgestone has a better sidewall which gives a crisper feel, and I believe the ability to stay on your line a little better. Multiple side-by-side tests have shown the RE71R to be faster, ranging from .3 to .8 per run. But again, the Falken is a good tire in general, just not the fastest option.

Alignment comes down to personal preference. I’ve aligned multiple CTR’s for various drivers in my region. Pull the front pins and slam the camber as far as it will go.
I personally prefer a little toe out in the rear and nearly 0 toe in the front. Another very fast driver prefers toe out in the front and a less amount of toe out in the rear. I can tell you that something within the following range will suit you well, but it still comes down to your driving style, surface grip level, and car setup (sway bar setting/tires).
Front Toe 0 to -.10
Rear Toe -.05 to -.15
Disclaimer: the rear toe out will help the car rotate, but could also make it more tail happy in inclement weather, so be aware and cautious of this if you decide to go for it.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Andy Holls tested the toe out on my 2017 Type R and your description is exactly what happened. I believe we either put it back to 0 or left it a little out.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
Andy Holls tested the toe out on my 2017 Type R and your description is exactly what happened. I believe we either put it back to 0 or left it a little out.

Then you just adjust the bar. mine was at 1/8th total out in the rear and though it was more tail happy in cold and wet the larger issue i had was power down. backend was predictable for me.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They played with all possible bar/toe setups.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
Nice, I think i am going to wait on seeing how they wear before switching

switch now. be the guy that makes every one switch ;)

I almost traded the camaro in for a type r again and was going to run the falken.

I plan to run the falken this year in BS. For me, with the stone going away and the car not being the one to have in the class i can test it, learn it. then next year(if i keep it that long) and the car does get moved to FS ill have a good notebook on the tire.
Sponsored