Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
Also, is anyone on the new Falken tires yet? The one's SSC (SCCA Solo Spec Coupe) are now using?
Where have you found DS legal 660's? Tire Rack has a whopping zero 19" sizes so far...
Sponsored

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Where have you found DS legal 660's? Tire Rack has a whopping zero 19" sizes so far...
I haven't. My friend hasn't either. A guy in GS in a Si likes them so far. Was curious if anyone found them and tried them.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just recently added the Karcepts rear sway bar. I set it up at 3/3 but got snap oversteer followed by the nannies slapping me with understeer. Should not get any snap oversteer, so I ended up with the same question about stiffness.
Here is the comparison of the original (5 holes) and new beefier design (4 holes). All units are in lbs/in

Original (5 hole) Revised (4 hole)
Hole 1/1____ 795 ___ 814
Hole 1/2____ 859___ 899
Hole 2/2___ 931 ___ 997
Hole 2/3___ 1,016___ 1,119
Hole 3/3___ 1,113___ 1,265
Hole 3/4___ 1,229___ 1,450
Hole 4/4___ 1,365___ 1,698
Hole 4/5___ 1,529___ n/a
Hole 5/5___ 1,725___ n/a

Mike Leeder reports a 3/3 set-up with the 5 hole unit or 1,113 lb/in. This equates to 2/3 on the new one at 1,119 lbs/in. So I set mine at 2/3 and went autocrossing yesterday. Shazam! This is perfect! You can feel the back end rotating in a controlled manner. The result was a win in D Street by a bit of a margin. The first two runs were tried by turning off the electonic's using the pedal dance. The car felt really unstable and did not inspire the confidence to push it. So I went back to +R with stability control fully off for the last 3 runs. Oh, and this course had two sections with 3rd gear. It was scary fast!

1596463871220.png
Good info, thank you.

I had mine at 2-2 on grippy concrete with a full tank of gas, dry-hot weather and it was great until the snap oversteer. Now I have parts on order. Admittedly, I don't care for that much rotation. So for that surface I'll stick to 1-2.

My numbers are Driver - Passenger

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
You need to set it up for your own taste. Tire selection will make a big difference in the handling too. I also run a full tank of fuel. Most FWD drive cars need o have that little bit of extra weight over the rear suspension to make it work properly. At track days when the fuel level drops, I notice a significant increase in understeer at the limit.

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
Up here in Washington (state, that is) where it's cooler, damper and more asphalt-y I pulled the rear bar off. I only put it on for Crows Landing concrete goodness. That said, Garrett I know runs a bar on his car and we're in the same vicinity. So there are tons of variables - alignment, surface, weather, personal preference... I don't particularly like loose cars, hence pulling the bar off for local events.

I can spin anything - just ask Des :)

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't remember what exactly we felt in terms of comparing the 2 set of arms, especially I think we only ran the new arms like 1 event before Nats last year and never really repeated the same setup(we also swapped tires last year as well between BFG and Bridgestone). Since the bar was pretty easy to adjust you can always change the setting if it doesn't really work initially. Though one regret from Nats last year was we wished we have ran it softer, the car was working but it was on the snappy side of working. Not that it would have mattered from the beating we got from Leeder, lol.

I've had 0 event this year so I am not really in the position for any feedback. I think when I decide to go back to autoX I think I'll need to test tires(Yokohama and maybe Falken), and also test some difference between +R/ESC off vs Pedal Dance on dry concrete...

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
Prior to selling my car, I felt the 3/3 position on the 4 hole bar even with Yoks really did not rotate much at all compared how the car felt with the same setup on Stones on high grip but somewhat choppy concrete. There was an appreciable difference in front/rear grip over the Stones -- ie. zero tire hop or wheel spin at launch. If I still had the car and committed to being on Yoks, I'd definitely consider 2/3 or 2/2.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Coming from an STS EF, I do like a bit more of a loose FWD car (or at least that's what I was used to driving). I am running the RV6 bar even on the relatively low grip surfaces here in the PNW, but I am only running on the middle setting which is only mildly firmer than stock. Looking at RV6's listings, it is about the equivalent of 2/2 on the Karcepts bar. If I ever get a chance to run the car on concrete, I'll probably try 2/3 or 3/3 on my bar.

I am also curious to try a more aggressive alignment at some point, as I currently have a pretty pedestrian alignment, especially in the rear (zero toe).

Pretty happy with the RV6 overall though. Less adjustability, but considerably cheaper and also zero clunks on the street (although I do have stock end links).

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing 1596474136432

Also, in for feedback on the new Falken, but I doubt we'll see big sizes anytime soon. I just wish Falken paid contingency for more than SSC as it would make it much more appealing to make the jump.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
At National last year Andy like the previous arms at Full Stiff and I liked it at 3-2. So poor Steve kept changing the bar after each run. Except on Day 2, I couldn't see running into the sunrise and put my gear away after run 1, ?.

Thanks for all the feedback.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Had a great learning experience today. Morning runs didn’t go well. I wasn’t in the top 10, and I was getting frustrated. Had a mental reset for the PM runs and made huge progress. I was taking 0.6 seconds off each run. Went from outside the top 10 to finish 5th overall PAX and won novice for the third time on the trot. I finally felt like the tires worked properly. I’ve been on Re-71R’s for the last 2 events. They were brand new and felt greasy for the first event, but finally felt grippy this afternoon. Temps were around 95F for both events so I’m not sure why they felt better today.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had a great . I’ve been on Re-71R’s for the last 2 events. They were brand new and felt greasy for the first event, but finally felt grippy this afternoon. Temps were around 95F for both events so I’m not sure why they felt better today.
The new compound from what I'm hearing takes a bit more time to come in. Don't know the wear length they'll provide compared to the previous compound.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Question for people that live in hot climates: how do you handle engine temps between runs? I’ve been leaving the car idling with the AC on to force the fans to run continuously while waiting in grid. Not sure if this is the best approach though. To clarify, I’m not overheating, just trying to reduce the potential for heat soak.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Question for people that live in hot climates: how do you handle engine temps between runs? I’ve been leaving the car idling with the AC on to force the fans to run continuously while waiting in grid. Not sure if this is the best approach though. To clarify, I’m not overheating, just trying to reduce the potential for heat soak.
I'm in the SF Bay area, so hot but not SoCal/AZ hot. Been running AC between runs and if time permits pop the hood to help. I know some of the guys spray down the IC/rad as well for the double driver cars.

Mcsinc

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 S2000, 2018 CTR CW CTR
Country flag
Anyone try a fan “jumper” in the fuse box? I used that trick when I had a turbo miata that had overheating issues. The jumper would bypass the fuse and make the fans run continuously

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use AC as well between run. Also I try to spray the IC and rad. and keep the hood open as much as I can. I normally have a codriver so I've been doing that since before I get a Type R...
Sponsored