Slalom

First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2013 JCW
Country flag
When it happened to me, the code read as low fuel rail pressure. We cleared it but it came back in the next run. Added fuel and it was perfect the rest of the weekend. We later found an article on the CTR written back in 2017 at a press day at Atlanta, where they experienced a rev-match error at the same time as a CEL for low fuel rail pressure (coming on in a high g corner). The engineers believed the two share a common sensor so they added fuel and all was good. We definitely had less than 1/2 a tank of fuel when it happened but we lock the doors before each run so maybe the open fuel door was a contributor.
Sponsored

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
I ran an event in St.L yesterday with no rev match, full tank, resetting TPMS prior to runs and using various stages of TC. No issue what so ever. I even ran my last run with TC re-engaged just to see if that would trigger a code, and nothing. It was very hot. I opened the hood after every run, sprayed the intercooler and managed heat well. It get's smoking hot under there. I'm going to check in the fuel pump recall to see if that applies to my car.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't know you have options to not lock the door for runs. Thought they luck automatically above some speed anyway?

FWIW I've never had this happen and I never turn the rev-match function off, not that I've used it all that much during autocrossing. Because of the talk of the car being quite sensitive to fuel level I don't think we've ever ran the car that low on fuel, usually starts between 1/3 to 1/2 indicated at a minimum.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I didn't know you have options to not lock the door for runs. Thought they luck automatically above some speed anyway?

FWIW I've never had this happen and I never turn the rev-match function off, not that I've used it all that much during autocrossing. Because of the talk of the car being quite sensitive to fuel level I don't think we've ever ran the car that low on fuel, usually starts between 1/3 to 1/2 indicated at a minimum.
there's an option in the screen to automatically lock the door I believe. There's a few of them. Just look in the vehicle settings on the radio screen

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I'm signed up for my first ever event on 6/28. Car is 100% bone stock and will probably have under 1000 miles on it at the time of the event.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update to my CEL issues. They came back this weekend during a local along with a specific code for turbo solenoid. Took the car to the dealer and they are replacing the entire turbo system.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Update to my CEL issues. They came back this weekend during a local along with a specific code for turbo solenoid. Took the car to the dealer and they are replacing the entire turbo system.
Bummer luck that you've had this issue, but good news that Honda is fixing it. Surprised they have to replace the whole turbo assembly though.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bummer luck that you've had this issue, but good news that Honda is fixing it. Surprised they have to replace the whole turbo assembly though.
Yeah - I was kinda thinking they would replace either the wiring harness which has known issues, or the solenoid which came up, but am befuddled that the entire assembly would be replaced.

Update: all CEL issues have been resolved. I've done 4 event days since the repair without issue.

Last edited:

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
wow WTF!!! Unfortunate but glad they are fixing it. I mean mine had a trans done at 189 miles so.. I guess anything can happen.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm at a few hundred miles shy of 35k at this point...no real problems but lots of annoyances...

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
I'm at a few hundred miles shy of 35k at this point...no real problems but lots of annoyances...
Between Becy #1 and Becy #2 I'm at combined ~42k miles, and other than my essentially driver induced track heat / trans / fuel issues, both cars have been pretty much issue free...

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
wow WTF!!! Unfortunate but glad they are fixing it. I mean mine had a trans done at 189 miles so.. I guess anything can happen.
The tech is a friend )who owns a CTR and is on here) told me he doesn't think this will resolve the issue completely but was "following the flow chart" of repairs per Honda. I asked him whether he considered the wiring harness or the turbo solenoid first, and he said he was following Honda protocol. It should be fixed by Tuesday and we'll find out. For anyone who hasn't experienced it, there is no mistaking whether you hit "reduced power" mode.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
The tech is a friend )who owns a CTR and is on here) told me he doesn't think this will resolve the issue completely but was "following the flow chart" of repairs per Honda. I asked him whether he considered the wiring harness or the turbo solenoid first, and he said he was following Honda protocol. It should be fixed by Tuesday and we'll find out. For anyone who hasn't experienced it, there is no mistaking whether you hit "reduced power" mode.
Wild, that's an expensive flow chart to follow o_O

Glad both my girlfriend and I have avoided any real issues on our cars. About 12k miles each. Scheduling the fuel pump work this week or next week so hoping that all gets done before they become a problem. I definitely have the occasional second gear grind on hard, high rpm 1-->2 shifts, but about half of the Hondas I have owned have had a high rpm grind in one gear or another.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I'm signed up for my first ever event on 6/28. Car is 100% bone stock and will probably have under 1000 miles on it at the time of the event.
So this went really well! I won the novice class and beat a Z06 on raw time! I was kinda hoping I would hate it. Now I’m going to buy Motegi’s and RE-71R’s.
EDIT: Wheels and tires are on the way! I'll have them mounted and swapped in for the next event on 7/19

Last edited:

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
Hello everyone. Just found this thread today. Great information! I have a 2019 CW CTR that I picked up new on Valentines Day (under MSRP). This is not a DD, but my autocross toy. I'll be installing the Karcepts rear sway bar this weekend. Glad you offered a setting to start for me. Have the pins pulled up front and did a string alignment (shown on a thread on this forum). Running Motegi MR924's with RE71's (245 square setup). I've been autocrossing FWD for a few decades and the Type R fits my style. Here is a clip from the first outing at Bristol last month. Still getting used to this car.

trucke at Bristol

Leaving the start line, same run

Now to find the GoPro roof cam footage.
Sponsored