Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
So whose planning on hitting one or more of these? I can definitely envision seeing Jen at Peru and Oscoda events leading up to the August Spring Nats.

Tire Rack Championship Tour – 8 events
• Dixie, GA – March 13-15
• Summer Nationals (Bristol, TN) – July 3-5
• Great Lakes (Peru, IN) – July 10-12
• Packwood, WA – July 10-12
• Spring Nationals (Lincoln, NE) – August 21-23
• Seneca, NY – September 25-27
• Hitchcock, TX – October 16-18
• Tucson, AZ – October 23-25

Tire Rack Solo National Championships (Lincoln, NE) – September 7-11

Tire Rack ProSolo – 8 events
• Peru, IN – June 12-14
• Charlotte, NC – June 18-20
• Topeka, KS – June 26-28
• Summer Nationals (Bristol, TN) – July 1-3
• Packwood, WA – July 17-19
• Fontana, CA – July 24-26
• Oscoda, MI – July 31-August 2
• Spring Nationals (Lincoln, NE) – August 19-21
• ProSolo Finale (Lincoln, NE) – September 4-6

CAM Invitational
• CAM Invitational (Peru, IN) – August 7-9
• CAM Invitational (Lincoln, NE)– September 5
Sponsored

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
So whose planning on hitting one or more of these? I can definitely envision seeing Jen at Peru and Oscoda events leading up to the August Spring Nats.

Tire Rack Championship Tour – 8 events
• Dixie, GA – March 13-15
• Summer Nationals (Bristol, TN) – July 3-5
• Great Lakes (Peru, IN) – July 10-12
• Packwood, WA – July 10-12
• Spring Nationals (Lincoln, NE) – August 21-23
• Seneca, NY – September 25-27
• Hitchcock, TX – October 16-18
• Tucson, AZ – October 23-25

Tire Rack Solo National Championships (Lincoln, NE) – September 7-11

Tire Rack ProSolo – 8 events
• Peru, IN – June 12-14
• Charlotte, NC – June 18-20
• Topeka, KS – June 26-28
• Summer Nationals (Bristol, TN) – July 1-3
• Packwood, WA – July 17-19
• Fontana, CA – July 24-26
• Oscoda, MI – July 31-August 2
• Spring Nationals (Lincoln, NE) – August 19-21
• ProSolo Finale (Lincoln, NE) – September 4-6

CAM Invitational
• CAM Invitational (Peru, IN) – August 7-9
• CAM Invitational (Lincoln, NE)– September 5
my plan was for packwood and nats but might not happen if they keep the border closed :(

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Packwood was the one "for sure" on my list... and even that is tentative since the fate of the site is still unknown (in addition to the COVID situation and WA easing requirements on gatherings).

I have a potential fly and drive for Summer Nats, but it was discussed before COVID and it would be in an HS car, not DS.

It's a bummer Vegas and Crow's didn't get rescheduled for later in the summer. Makes it hard to find any events on the west coast here.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have no plan of autocrossing at all. Maybe silly, maybe overreaction, but I'm not terribly optimistic about things being normal for much of this year. Good excuse to save money also considering the deferred salary situation at GM as well.

Subject to change of course if things do sorta get back to normal-ish.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Yeah I agree. I might make some tentative plans to attend events, but I also think that it will take longer than June or July for things to be back to normal. Especially with the very real possibility of a second wave of infections.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Jen - tongue in cheek -- you might look for reasons to be out of Detroit. I'm not worried about exposing others or myself as I'm not in the cool kids club like Jen is.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well maybe people from Detroit won't be welcomed in other states for a while....lol

-=max=-

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI
Country flag
I'm afraid we will get lumped in with sporting events. No telling how long it will be before they get the go ahead.
I think locals would be easy to run with distancing. The scale of National events might be a harder sell.
This is going to be my first trip to Nats. Hope it happens.

RSAutoX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I've got some D Street legal Motegi wheels with performance snows mounted in the classified forum. Use the wheels now and put the snow tires on later.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I need to spend the time to go through this entire thread, but I'm planning on getting a CTR next fall/winter and am thinking about running it in DS locally and maybe a National Tour/Pro Solo event or two. I'm thinking I'll pick up a set of the Motegi MR924s and throw some 265/35 or maybe even 275/35 71Rs on and also running a set of daily-friendly 255/35s on the stock 20s. Would also like to hit up a Track Night in America or two at Atlanta Motorsports Park and/or Road Atlanta, so hopefully the 71Rs do okay in that setting too.

Is the Civic Type R staying in DS?

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
yes DS for now... per "#27685 Focus RS and Honda Civic Type R to BS and Audi TT Mk1 to GS
Thank you for your input. The SAC feels these cars are appropriately classed at this time." :cool:

Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I am an SAC member and can say we are not talking about moving the Type R.

Additionally, with the whole COVID thing, there will likely not be any drastic changes in classing for 2021 either. Obviously new cars come out and we have to decide where to class them, but don’t expect any major re-classing of current “top of the class” cars until 2022. With the 2020 season being fairly sparse we didn’t want anyone who went out and bought a car last fall/this winter to get boned by a move for 2021...

I am only one member though and we report up to the SEB, so nothing is set in stone - but the Type R should be good for 2020 and 2021. With that said, getting 3-4 years out of a car in Street class is usually a big bonus. Other than ES - classes usually evolve after a few years of things being stagnant.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been reluctant to post about such a horrendous first event but at the encouragement of Bannie, here goes. Experienced CEL codes for Emissions/Rev Match malfunction on my second run which resulted in serious cut in power. After trying to clear it between runs because I was running data, it came back, followed by my OBD2 refusing to go forward since I had not "registered" it. On my 2nd run when it started, course workers commented that my gas cover had popped open. The course has three fairly high g rights which would have pushed all gas to the passenger side of the car and away from the tank fill which had 5./8 full at the time. As there was no wifi, there was not way to resolve Basically rode this through the rest of my runs before packing it in. Leeder was at the event and said he never encountered this but also used rev. match. Cqr was a real turd in reduced power that I then had to drive like a momentum car. Because the route from Peru, IN to Normal, IL takes you through some very rural areas of IN, I didn't want to drive home with the CEL. Got home, have driven for a week some in Mexico, no issues or codes. Finished .1 out in class and 33/120 index.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
I've been reluctant to post about such a horrendous first event but at the encouragement of Bannie, here goes. Experienced CEL codes for Emissions/Rev Match malfunction on my second run which resulted in serious cut in power. After trying to clear it between runs because I was running data, it came back, followed by my OBD2 refusing to go forward since I had not "registered" it. On my 2nd run when it started, course workers commented that my gas cover had popped open. The course has three fairly high g rights which would have pushed all gas to the passenger side of the car and away from the tank fill which had 5./8 full at the time. As there was no wifi, there was not way to resolve Basically rode this through the rest of my runs before packing it in. Leeder was at the event and said he never encountered this but also used rev. match. Cqr was a real turd in reduced power that I then had to drive like a momentum car. Because the route from Peru, IN to Normal, IL takes you through some very rural areas of IN, I didn't want to drive home with the CEL. Got home, have driven for a week some in Mexico, no issues or codes. Finished .1 out in class and 33/120 index.

So I talked to Cathy on Sunday and she said she was having this issue as well. Could be the rev atcha though I wouldn't know why that would cause the issue but yeah I never had rev match on and never had this issue. I would think maybe low fuel would be the issue but 5/8s of a tank should be more than enough.

I assume you are running it in +R mode and holding down the TC button to turn everything off? Also one thing I would suggest and I did this almost every other run... recalibrate your TPMS wheel diameter. if it turns on in the middle of a run it will turn all nannies back on. I did experience that! Maybe this will help? maybe it won't. Only thing I can say is do your best to keep the car cool, water on the intercooler every run, hood open, engine on ac running.
Sponsored