First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I ran the BFG I ran the full stiff setting before. Once we switched to RE71R I never needed more than the middle setting and probably could stick with second to softest. So the range is probably pretty usable. The softest setting is actually softer than stock which might be useful in the slippery condition...
Sponsored

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What range settings are people typically using the Karcepts? Is the extra stiffness available with the Karcepts actually needed?
i myself and @RedFK8 run 3rd hole while @Modomo runs 4th hole on his... all of us are running the old arms but have a new arms on the side if any cracks occur.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Dang, I wish I would have known about the RV6 bar before I bought my Whiteline. That seems like a great value compared to the Karcepts. I'll probably end up ordering the RV6 and selling the Whiteline for the better adjustability.

What range settings are people typically using the Karcepts? Is the extra stiffness available with the Karcepts actually needed?
I'm not sure the extra stiffness is needed. The input that I got from two very fast DS drivers in the PNW last year is that they only felt the need for an aftermarket rear bar on high grip concrete surfaces (i.e. Crows or nats). They were both running the stock bar elsewhere and when I ran the car with the stock bar for a few events at Packwood, I never felt like it was lacking rotation.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the brake yanks you around pretty hard with the yaw control thingy...

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I emailed RV6 and they confirmed that the bar is compatible with the stock end links or "any endlink build to the stock dimensions."
I plan to AC mine some, so this bar is far more appealing to me than the Karcepts. I DD mine about 2500mi/month, so the Karcepts is just too much with the maintenance and harshness. I could install this bar with stock links at a mild setting to DD, and in a matter of probably 10 minutes swap out for the spherical ends at a competition setting. A far better choice for me.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
V105s look like a nice daily tire... the A052s seem to be 200tr tire of choice with the few running here locally love them over the RE71Rs.
If anybody runs the A052 on their R, I'll be curious to see how it turns out. I'm planning on running the Bridgestone until somebody proves it's not the fastest on this platform.

Seems like the Type R is the worst case scenario for the A052... Front heavy, limited camber, pinched tire setup. Sounds like a recipe for 30 run tires.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
If anybody runs the A052 on their R, I'll be curious to see how it turns out. I'm planning on running the Bridgestone until somebody proves it's not the fastest on this platform.

Seems like the Type R is the worst case scenario for the A052... Front heavy, limited camber, pinched tire setup. Sounds like a recipe for 30 run tires.
I guess I'm the Huckleberry. I disagree with your "worst case" assessment but will test against the RE71R's provided we actually get back to racing. The car is front biased but hardly "heavy". I would not call -1.7 limited camber as there are cars with much less but just not generous. The 245's are not be pinched on 8.5" at all as I have a set sitting on the wall in my garage. If you overdrive them ridiculous and not flip, yeah 30 runs could kill them but I'll bet against that.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Having read through the entire thread here, I'm wondering where people landed in in the 255 vs 265 tire width debate. I picked up a set of NSX Y's and am looking to get some rubber for them, though I may have some time to mull this over with the lack of events.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I guess I'm the Huckleberry. I disagree with your "worst case" assessment but will test against the RE71R's provided we actually get back to racing. The car is front biased but hardly "heavy". I would not call -1.7 limited camber as there are cars with much less but just not generous. The 245's are not be pinched on 8.5" at all as I have a set sitting on the wall in my garage. If you overdrive them ridiculous and not flip, yeah 30 runs could kill them but I'll bet against that.
I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this so I'm curious how it goes once things start back up again. I was honestly surprised with how well the RE71s held up with 1.7 degrees up front, but most of what I have read on the Yoks is that they are happier at 3+ degrees. The 245 A052 is actually cheaper than the 265 RE71s I have been running so if it turns out to be faster, it makes it a no brainer.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
At this rate between, my tires may make the entire season since my co-driver has a set of RE71R 255's and I have the Yoks. Assuming there is maybe a half dozen events, this may be a total non-issue.
Sponsored