First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
https://www.scca.com/articles/2013399-changes-to-prosolo-rules-classes-for-2020

Well they change the ProSolo classing to move all the AWD cars into 1 index class and split out the rest sorta as before....

Type R is in S5 now with other 2WD DS, 2WD STH and HS cars. I guess that's a bit more incentive to run Pros vs not at all before...
I signed up for the Pro Super Pass in the hopes of either a stand alone DS class but honestly, this is much better in the scheme of things for the CTR re: competitive classing. Definitely a win. Definitely will see you guys out there for a couple of them.
Sponsored

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
Sadly they just bent the Ladies over and screwed us.

Indexes no longer have a big AWD factor / adder, so the AWD cars in L1/L2/L3 will destroy 2WD ā˜¹

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll smoke the guys in open class though, if you ever want to get Becy out to a Pro...

I still don't know how much I want to do a Pro in the CTR but at least I think I won't be penalized for doing so by the classing now...I guess I have 2 "Pros" on my calendar, Bristol(PS1) and Oscoda(um, not sure if they want to keep this as a normal Pro). So I can drive my own car for those I guess....kinda want to run GS in Luckow's car if he lets me...

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You'll smoke the guys in open class though, if you ever want to get Becy out to a Pro...

I still don't know how much I want to do a Pro in the CTR but at least I think I won't be penalized for doing so by the classing now...I guess I have 2 "Pros" on my calendar, Bristol(PS1) and Oscoda(um, not sure if they want to keep this as a normal Pro). So I can drive my own car for those I guess....kinda want to run GS in Luckow's car if he lets me...
I took Becy out for the Crows Pro last year, albeit I ran ladies. Ryan Otis promptly dick stomped me with the FoRS :p The launch suckkkkkkks... which would make even the 2WD class less funner in Becy.

I'd *prefer* to stick with one car for the big events this year, vs. a different one each event like last year!

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
I took Becy out for the Crows Pro last year, albeit I ran ladies. Ryan Otis promptly dick stomped me with the FoRS :p The launch suckkkkkkks... which would make even the 2WD class less funner in Becy.

I'd *prefer* to stick with one car for the big events this year, vs. a different one each event like last year!
Not sure how to say this without being tacky, but given your terminology, has there been a change which might otherwise require you to run "open" this year.

Last edited:

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure how to say this without being tacky, but given your terminology, has there been a change might otherwise require you to run "open" this year.
Ah, figuratively of course

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry if my post was offensive. Figured you and I know each other pretty well and you knew where i was coming from.
Dude, you know who I've codriven with. It takes *a lot* to offend me

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Jealous of all the folks being able to run events into November. I'm itching to get started again.

I am happy with the pro solo 2wd changes though... I had been planning on skipping Crows altogether after they cancelled the Champ Tour, but it looks like I'll make the trip after all.

Bummed I'm a year late to try and keep up with Annie, Des, and Ryan in DS, but should be fun regardless. Anybody here in the PNW looking to campaign in DS this year?

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Jealous of all the folks being able to run events into November. I'm itching to get started again.

I am happy with the pro solo 2wd changes though... I had been planning on skipping Crows altogether after they cancelled the Champ Tour, but it looks like I'll make the trip after all.

Bummed I'm a year late to try and keep up with Annie, Des, and Ryan in DS, but should be fun regardless. Anybody here in the PNW looking to campaign in DS this year?
I still have Becy, and will probably run her occasionally locally when I feel like playing and Des isn't at events. You'll have a STRONG competitor for Crows with Alex Muresan, though...

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag

Iā€™m tentatively back in DS this year assuming my co driver doesnā€™t end up selling his car (currently up for sale... no interest as of yet). Will probably pop down for the packwood tour if all goes well.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
I still have Becy, and will probably run her occasionally locally when I feel like playing and Des isn't at events. You'll have a STRONG competitor for Crows with Alex Muresan, though...
Well I'm glad to know there will be somebody else there to benchmark against. I'll at least get to learn how much I still need to improve. The new S5 class was looking pretty thin. Not a lot of HS or 2WD DS/STH competitors over the last couple years at Crows.

I'm sure I'll see you at some Packwood local events. I think I have 7 weekends in Packwood on my schedule this year.

Iā€™m tentatively back in DS this year assuming my co driver doesnā€™t end up selling his car (currently up for sale... no interest as of yet). Will probably pop down for the packwood tour if all goes well.
Hopefully I'll see you there!
Sponsored