D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing

Jrose29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic R
No real dedicated set-up threads yet and with the season really kicking off soon here in the midwest I think its time we pool our knowledge for D-street in the Type R.

My setup to start the year:

19x8.5 +55 NSX wheels
285 F / 245 R RE71r
Karcepts rear sway bar
Thermal R&D Exhaust
K&N filter

Alignment: Dont know yet but I have the front pins pulled and plan to start with 0 toe all around to keep it track friendly.

First autox for me is the Pitt Race match tour this weekend. If you are there come say hi and follow my IG for pics/video.

What else is everyone running?
Sponsored

Last edited:

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Updated to Type R exclusive. I didnt think the other threads were well subscribed but I was wrong.
Just the participation sucks. Hardly anyone actually taking their cars out - but they'll argue ktuner vs hondata, blowoff valves, and exhausts all day.

OP
OP

Jrose29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic R
Back from Pitt Race.. Success!! brought home the win by a very small margin.

Really tough conditions all weekend... Morning was raining an 40ish degrees. Tried to stay as tight as i could and put power down when possible. Got a good 3rd run to sit 2nd .27x behind a WRX in first. After noon was dry but still cold. The Type R is wicked loose and i had a huge slide on my fastest run in the first 180 on course. 3rd run was slower at the finish, probably threw away .2-.3 but held on to 1st. Always nice to win on the first outing in a car!! D-street was very diverse and fun with twins, camaro, & wrx in class.

This morning I took my three morning runs and picked up some more time. There were flurries while we were running so i decided to not stay for the challenge and head home. All in all great driving weekend in terrible weather.

3 best runs from each session here.. Finally got external mic working on the last video!

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
You had snow there too? Enough with the winter already!:rolleyes: I was at Romulus, NY (former Seneca Army Depot) for the Evo school, and it was rain and cold (and freakin' windy) all day Saturday. Sunday the snow hit 6am until about 10am Sunday, temps in the 30's all day long, strong winds, yuck. No stick both days, although I ran Sunday on all-seasons - people on RE-71's and Rivals were all over the place.

About the only relevant thing I can add to the thread (which is not news) is wider tires are going to work better.

Congrats on the win!

sundaydriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can those on 285s in the front tell if they're getting more use out of first gear? I had to short shift pretty early on 265s, but the tires (RE71s) still had stickers on them at the start of the day. As long as the start is perfectly straight they'd maybe be ok.

I'm also curious as to what the stiffer rsb helps with, as I thought the car felt great with the stock one. Rotation was good but maybe I was getting wheel-spin at the exit, it was hard to tell on the course we had since it was such short bursts of acceleration.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
how were your tires after the scrub in? i'll be doing my srcub in at my test n tune in july :drive:

i opted for the karcepts 0.095 rsb due to ur short and tight courses here in hawaii.
i had great success with my asr rsb on mydori (ej6) in smf and karcepts f/rsb on my03 (ap1) in ssm so opted to do this mod.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jrose29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic R
Couple notes.

RE71R sucks on the first 2 heat cycles. Over a second off the pace easily. I would try to do some parking lot circles with low air pressure to get some heat in them and a full cool down before your first event.

For the rear sway bar. In ideal conditions the Type R is great. But once those front tires get cooked in 90 degree weather in july the rear is going to need some help with rotation. Also its helps transitional response a decent bit. A must no.. but the adjust ability is key to adapting to the conditions

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Couple notes.

RE71R sucks on the first 2 heat cycles. Over a second off the pace easily. I would try to do some parking lot circles with low air pressure to get some heat in them and a full cool down before your first event.

For the rear sway bar. In ideal conditions the Type R is great. But once those front tires get cooked in 90 degree weather in july the rear is going to need some help with rotation. Also its helps transitional response a decent bit. A must no.. but the adjust ability is key to adapting to the conditions
Maybe Rivals are the solution then?