First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Nice to see CTRs take D street this year! Woo

• D Street: Alex Piehl; Pittsburgh, PA; Steel Cities Region; Honda Civic Type R, 0.451 (second National Championship, first in class)
  • D Street Ladies: Stephanie Reynoso; Austin, TX; Lone Star Region, Honda Civic Type R, 3.219 (third National Championship, third in class)

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nice to see CTRs take D street this year! Woo

• D Street: Alex Piehl; Pittsburgh, PA; Steel Cities Region; Honda Civic Type R, 0.451 (second National Championship, first in class)
  • D Street Ladies: Stephanie Reynoso; Austin, TX; Lone Star Region, Honda Civic Type R, 3.219 (third National Championship, third in class)
congrats!

ArturCTR

First Name
Artur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
Anybody know what class I would be in with 265 tires on 9.5 wheel and rear sway bar? Thanks

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Anybody know what class I would be in with 265 tires on 9.5 wheel and rear sway bar? Thanks
If youre on 19s I believe youd be in D street, but wheel requirements are a tad stringent.

13.4 WHEELS Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following: A. It is the same width as standard and as installed it does not have an offset more than ±7.00 mm (±0.275”) from a standard wheel for the car. The resultant change in track dimensions is allowed. B. Wheel (rim) diameter may be increased or decreased 1” from the standard part. Wheel spacers are permitted provided the resultant combination complies with the offset requirements of this Section. On vehicles supplied with an OE wheel spacer, the wheel spacer shall be considered as a part of the wheel. Wheel studs, lug nuts, valve stems (including pressure-relief types), and/or bolt length may be changed.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
As is mentioned above 9.5 width wheels would bump you into STU. If you ONLY have wheels and a RSB as your only mods, and you care about being competitive in a class, running the stock 20's and staying in DStreet would keep you the most competitive.

As for tires, you can run any tire that will fit on the wheel. I know some member here have tried all the way up to a 285 on the NSX 8.5" wide wheels. 265 is what many people here run (myself included), but on the narrower wheels.

CTR3829

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anybody else experience second gear pop-outs?
This only happens during autocross. Never on the street.
I did have co-driver last weekend to confirm it wasn’t just my driving and she experience pop-out on all but 1 run.

considering I don’t have any grind problems, no problems driving on the street. Could it be shift cables? Shift bushings? Something else?
Car has about 30k miles and recent did transmission fluid with oem Honda fluid to see if that helped. It did not. Also adjusted clutch pedal free play thinking clutch may not have been disengaging all the way keeping gear from fully engaging. Neither helped. Pulling transmission would be last resort…

Last edited:

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I did have co-driver last weekend to confirm it wasn’t just my driving and she experience pop-out on all but 1 run.

considering I don’t have any grind problems, no problems driving on the street. Could it be shift cables? Shift bushings? Something else?
Car has about 30k miles and recent did transmission fluid with oem Honda fluid to see if that helped. It did not. Also adjusted clutch pedal free play thinking clutch may not have been disengaging all the way keeping gear from fully engaging. Neither helped. Pulling transmission would be last resort…
It has happened 4 times to me (2019 CTR with 71Rs and Karcepts RSB). So far only during autocrosses and always on hard left turns. My trusted (really!) dealer said they find no issues. I do experience a brief grind as I shift into 2nd very rapidly sometimes. Slowing the shift time eliminates the grind.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag

I havent but I know other people have mentioned this issue

CTR3829

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
It has happened 4 times to me (2019 CTR with 71Rs and Karcepts RSB). So far only during autocrosses and always on hard left turns. My trusted (really!) dealer said they find no issues. I do experience a brief grind as I shift into 2nd very rapidly sometimes. Slowing the shift time eliminates the grind.
thanks. I have a similar setup. Never had it happen before switching to 200 tw tires either. It happens more often on concrete, less on asphalt. It also happens more on sharp turns, sometimes in slalom as well.

last week I had 6 runs. It popped out twice.
Codriver had 5 runs 4 pop outs. she did have 1 grind going back I. Probably because she wasn’t expecting it.

I have spoken with trusted service advisor as well. Assuming the problem cannot be recreated under road conditions there is not much they can do. It is frustrating trying to autocross with this problem. But if I didn’t autocross there wouldn’t be a problem.

anybody else have luck with bushing replacement or cable replacements? I know we cannot change anything in d street but I see a lot of cable stays being sold as helping with unusual shift feeling.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
thanks. I have a similar setup. Never had it happen before switching to 200 tw tires either. It happens more often on concrete, less on asphalt. It also happens more on sharp turns, sometimes in slalom as well.

last week I had 6 runs. It popped out twice.
Codriver had 5 runs 4 pop outs. she did have 1 grind going back I. Probably because she wasn’t expecting it.

I have spoken with trusted service advisor as well. Assuming the problem cannot be recreated under road conditions there is not much they can do. It is frustrating trying to autocross with this problem. But if I didn’t autocross there wouldn’t be a problem.

anybody else have luck with bushing replacement or cable replacements? I know we cannot change anything in d street but I see a lot of cable stays being sold as helping with unusual shift feeling.
Have seen a handful of people with really bad second gear issues that honda refuses to warranty. I plan on running SSC most of next year even though I really enjoy autocrossing the type R
Sponsored