WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Stock rear bar, 245 GY SC3s square at around 33F/35R, alignment with some decent toe out in the rear. I liked the Karcepts bar on the HS Civic Sport I drove at Nats, but it was noisy. I probably would buy some sort of megastiff (but quieter) bar, but I'm not likely to get to a ton of events this year as we're expecting our 2nd kiddo in the fall. I probably will try rear tire pressures to the moon (45ish) and tune down from there.
RV6 bar on full stiff would be my recommendation. Not quite as stiff as the KC bar on full stiff, but it allows for all the rotation you could want. I run in the first VSA off setting (2 second press) and get all the rotation my skills can handle.
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Had a co-driver that was more than 50 years younger than me. He beat me by a second on a 35 second course. Why!!!
My run:

His run:
Both were incredible runs. The only thing I really noticed is that he seemed to start back just slightly further than you and he was much quicker off the line/launch.

utekineir

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hybrid honda with a civic radio and small trunk
Country flag
Stock rear bar, 245 GY SC3s square at around 33F/35R, alignment with some decent toe out in the rear. I liked the Karcepts bar on the HS Civic Sport I drove at Nats, but it was noisy. I probably would buy some sort of megastiff (but quieter) bar, but I'm not likely to get to a ton of events this year as we're expecting our 2nd kiddo in the fall. I probably will try rear tire pressures to the moon (45ish) and tune down from there.

As another data point.

Nik was on the sc3, I was on tr clearance 255 re71 from last week. Both of us stock rear bar. Nik was able to get a decent bit more rear toe out in alignment (same rack and friend aligning) my car on the other hand appears to have been put together on a friday after get drunk oclock in england. Running 38-40 psi in rear i could use braking to get some rotation but nothing stellar. Finished ahead of nik, and a bit behind his codriver. Still learning fwd coming from spending the last couple years in a c7gs.

My rv6 bar came in mail yesterday and was put on last night, will be interesting to see the change going forward. Starting at full stiff, hopefully wont have to dink with it again.

The lot is an old airfield, its seen better days but its still by far the best site within a few hours drive, have driven far rougher surfaces.

I was bouncing too, but i left the car in r mode partly because i dont know how to pedal dance and partly because it was driving fine despite the bouncing, unlike fors that was a pogo stick pile of hot trash on track mode.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Had a co-driver that was more than 50 years younger than me. He beat me by a second on a 35 second course. Why!!!
My run:

His run:
heyy! I see youre at hawkeye tech in Waterloo? Thats not too far from me, ive seen it pop up every now and then. Wouldnt mind swinging out sometime.

On the flipside, if youre ever around and wanna journey up a few hours for Mowog at DCTC let me know!

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
All three of us Karcepts users here have found the bar to be almost silent. I know there is the stigma it's loud, but with proper install (follow the directions exactly) It's never made a peep for me unless I left it loose (make sure to hand tighten it enough for the adjustments).

That said, the rear bar will do WONDERS for the rotation of the car. It's night and day in getting the car to rotate predictably. The mentioned RV6 bar I've also heard good things about if you truly are afraid of the NVH from the Karcepts.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have gotten the bar to be silent only for it to start clunk 400 miles later. I have measured all the endlink lengths with a micrometer and it still clunks. I think the problem at least with mine is the tolerance of the (dowl) insert into the blades. I think a shim would help, but I am not gonna shim it perfectly in grid. That said a buddy made me this
Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing 1621981295063

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
My Karcepts bar has never made a peep. Have had it in for about 3k miles now. Recently went to full stiff, still quiet and getting some nice rotation at autocross.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Seem to have a recurring problem that I cone my best run on a cone that doesn't matter Would have been 2nd in PAX on the run but ended 6th. Falkens are great if you have a cordriver take the first run sacrifice as with no heat they are nearly impossible to drive

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Seem to have a recurring problem that I cone my best run on a cone that doesn't matter Would have been 2nd in PAX on the run but ended 6th. Falkens are great if you have a cordriver take the first run sacrifice as with no heat they are nearly impossible to drive

Sound quality is fantastic for presumably not some expensive set up. Would you mind sharing?

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Was able to get some really cool side by side footage of the other CTR out at this weekends event. Alex is a former National Champ so it's always great to be able to compare runs side by side and see where I'm losing time.

First vid is both our best raw times (though I managed a +2 on it). I slowly lose a little time over the course, and am able to claw almost all of it back in the two slaloms though that may be due to being dirty in that second slalom.

The second vid has my best clean run as well, which is just a bit slow everywhere, though the start was terrible. I synced that one against the first cone in the straight to give a better view of where I'm losing time rather than just being .5 seconds behind right from the get go.

Sponsored