Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Curious what pads people are running.

I recall reading someone swapping only the fronts and using oem rears.
Sponsored

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Has anyone had their order ship from Tire Rack yet?

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing Screenshot_20210523-145039_Chrome

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
1st event on the SC3s, and first real event in the car. Felt pretty good but pushier than I expected. Probably should get a bar, but going to try playing with rear pressures first. +R was a bit jarring in a few places on course but switched to sport (& pedal dance) which felt better.

Here's how the camera looks on the mount:
Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing WGofM381EulSAIeCP3kncoQqecpeXsZWVN8QUB4pMXzU=w2400

I forgot my little gopro windsock so, audio quality is relatively terrible. Here's how it looks in car, plenty of movement but still usable I think. Co-driver's run since he beat me pretty handedly

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
1st event on the SC3s, and first real event in the car. Felt pretty good but pushier than I expected. Probably should get a bar, but going to try playing with rear pressures first. +R was a bit jarring in a few places on course but switched to sport (& pedal dance) which felt better.

WGofM381EulSAIeCP3kncoQqecpeXsZWVN8QUB4pMXzU=w2400.jpg

I forgot my little gopro windsock so, audio quality is relatively terrible. Here's how it looks in car, plenty of movement but still usable I think. Co-driver's run since he beat me pretty handedly

Yeoh that arm is way longer than the one I was thinking of. My suction cup mount came with a similar one thats only about 3-4 inches long that may sway less.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Just swapped my pads to Project Mu B Spec's. The rears were easier than I expected. Used the Autel module to put the brake into maintenance mode and got er in. Next up brake fluid.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just swapped my pads to Project Mu B Spec's. The rears were easier than I expected. Used the Autel module to put the brake into maintenance mode and got er in. Next up brake fluid.
The Autel works nicely, but after playing around with it I realized I spent $70 and the rear parking mode is literally the only thing you can do with it (other than scan codes, which I have about 5 devices for that).

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag

I am not surprised that the car was a bit pushy once switching to the pedal dance since this disables the dynamic handling assist or whatever it is. Running in +R with the long press should help the car rotate.

How rough was the lot you were in? I've always run in +R unless it is wet and I've never had an issue soaking up big bumps - Even when other cars are having a bad time.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I am not surprised that the car was a bit pushy once switching to the pedal dance since this disables the dynamic handling assist or whatever it is. Running in +R with the long press should help the car rotate.

How rough was the lot you were in? I've always run in +R unless it is wet and I've never had an issue soaking up big bumps - Even when other cars are having a bad time.
It was pushy in R too. I think a combination of some overdriving, no rear bar, and SC3. The site is not usually bumpy but a certain section was (slalom before Chicago box and the box itself).

I definitely plan on starting in +R in the future and starting with some higher rear tire pressure to encourage some more rotation. Next event not for another month or so though.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
It was pushy in R too. I think a combination of some overdriving, no rear bar, and SC3. The site is not usually bumpy but a certain section was (slalom before Chicago box and the box itself).

I definitely plan on starting in +R in the future and starting with some higher rear tire pressure to encourage some more rotation. Next event not for another month or so though.
What rear bar and tire setup are you running? Both of the fast guys out here are on the karcepts bar (full stiff) and 245 rear tires and are happy with the rotation they are getting. I'm still running 265 square, and happy with the rotation I'm getting, but that may be a driving style thing. Also on the full stiff karcepts bar.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag

Ran reverse in the afternoon. Managed 4th raw, and 2nd in PAX.

At the end of my first run I had a pretty dramatic spin, and managed to get a full christmas tree of errors. (Power Steering Error, Hill Start Error, Brake Error, ABS Error, Brake Hold Error, Traction Control Error, and two others). Pretty sure it was the spin causing the errors and not the other way around, but ended up doing my second run with all the errors still going and only managed to clear them and get back into +R mode by the third run. The trick to clear the codes was turning the car off, and waiting 3 min rather than restarting it right away because you panicked you had just broken your car.

Only getting in 3 good runs, I'm pretty happy with my time in the morning there, despite my disgust at the end there. Probably could have had a low 33, MAYBE a high 32 with the extra run.

Also need to work on my starts, they are timid as hell :p

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
What rear bar and tire setup are you running? Both of the fast guys out here are on the karcepts bar (full stiff) and 245 rear tires and are happy with the rotation they are getting. I'm still running 265 square, and happy with the rotation I'm getting, but that may be a driving style thing. Also on the full stiff karcepts bar.
Stock rear bar, 245 GY SC3s square at around 33F/35R, alignment with some decent toe out in the rear. I liked the Karcepts bar on the HS Civic Sport I drove at Nats, but it was noisy. I probably would buy some sort of megastiff (but quieter) bar, but I'm not likely to get to a ton of events this year as we're expecting our 2nd kiddo in the fall. I probably will try rear tire pressures to the moon (45ish) and tune down from there.
Sponsored