D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
FYI - I used this exact setup at NJ, and while I was stupid and didn't unplug the power cable to my GPS, I thought it worked pretty well. (plz ignore cringey celebration at the end which I probably should have cut out of the video, lol)

The perspective looks pretty good. It would be nicer if it was able to catch more down below though, like shifter area.
Sponsored

solo2R

First Name
Hung-Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Country flag
New member here. I just picked up a 21 CTR on Monday. Busy figuring out how to setup the car for my first autocross event in 1.5 years. Question about tires. I was running Hoosier for last few years so I am not very familiar with street tires. Do you guys drive with Yokos to events or change tires on-site/trailer? I heard Yokos wear is even worse than Hoosier. Is that true?

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
New member here. I just picked up a 21 CTR on Monday. Busy figuring out how to setup the car for my first autocross event in 1.5 years. Question about tires. I was running Hoosier for last few years so I am not very familiar with street tires. Do you guys drive with Yokos to events or change tires on-site/trailer? I heard Yokos wear is even worse than Hoosier. Is that true?
You can do either. Events close by I put my stickies on at the house. For events farther away, I bag them in those TireRack bags and place 4 in the back seats. This leaves the hatch for a chair, a couple of totes and a cooler.

One of the totes holds the drill/driver, impact driver; some basic tools, lug nuts; sockets and torque wrench. The other tote is for clothing, etc. Jack sits on floor in back seat with handle in the hatch.

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing {filename}

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
FYI - I used this exact setup at NJ, and while I was stupid and didn't unplug the power cable to my GPS, I thought it worked pretty well. (plz ignore cringey celebration at the end which I probably should have cut out of the video, lol)

Can you do us all a favor and turn down the IS on your GoPro? That does look pretty good though.

I just ordered an extension arm and a adhesive mount to put mine on the dome light. Will try it out next weekend.

Last edited:

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

I just mounted mine to the dome light using my helmet mount and the view out the windshield is terrible. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I just mounted mine to the dome light using my helmet mount and the view out the windshield is terrible. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?
I think Alex Lprmesia is using, is the gorillapod around the passenger seat. The first time I read what he said, I thought he meant the dome light too. Is the view too high from the dome light?

I ordered an extension arm, as I have many gopro 'legos' to make a small arm, but longer would be better. I used to mount to the sunroof in my Si, and it was a little high there too. A longer arm should put it in a decent spot I think. It should be here this week for me to test.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Anyone ever have the car fall out of gear during a run? Did an event at NEPA on Saturday and it bailed out on me.

I actually had this happen to me for the first time this past weekend as well. Pretty much identical to your video.

I have had the occasional second gear grind since the car was new, but was never too concerned. Now I might actually go complain to my local dealer while I'm still under warranty to at least document that it happened.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious how did you guys ran NJ Tour in the wet? Any specific setup differences and/or pedal dance/ESC off differences?

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just curious how did you guys ran NJ Tour in the wet? Any specific setup differences and/or pedal dance/ESC off differences?
Sealed pavement and rain should not be autocrossed on. 10/10 was a dice roll. That said I think the fastest was sport with the traction control off.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh interesting. So not even +R.

The previous test I did on the matter from way back when(the before time), was on smooth asphalt, though not really sealed I don't think. As mentioned it was pretty pronounced with +R and hold ESC-off was borderline undriveable. And pedal danced was fine. I guess maybe the main difference to Sport/TC off is maybe less ESC intervention, not sure how aggressive the brake torque vectoring thing would be at that point.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Incase anyone was unsure what each mode does:

1. Fully enabled. On by default. VSA, TCS, and corner assist enabled. Normal driving.

2. Partially disabled. Performed by holding VSA button for two seconds in any mode. Resets by pressing again. VSA and TCS partially enabled, corner assist still enabled. Generally used for snow.

3. 'Fully' disabled. Performed by holding VSA button for ten seconds, only in R mode. Resets by pressing again or moving to a different mode. VSA and TCS fully disabled, but corner assist still enabled. Generally used for tracking. Generally assumed to be the lowest level of stability assist.

4. Diagnostic. Performed via pedal dance. Some say it doesn't reset to normal by pressing VSA but in my experience it does. VSA, TCS and corner assist all disabled and chassis safety mode will not be tripped by crazy chassis sensor data (i.e. dynoing). Everything that actively applies or changes forces to the car (other than the powertrain, your own braking, your own steering, and the parking brake) is now disabled and won't try learning or reading sensors. Car forced into sport mode. Only should be used for dynoing since it disables corner assist and R mode. This is also effectively the level you end up in during chassis safety mode, but you can't get out of it at that point. Actually the lowest level of stability assist - stability assist components are literally offline now.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...d-vsa-fully-off-actually-do.37599/post-624010

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
So that's why the 265s were sold out ?

I run 255 and bought those... Again. #solonationalshasstarted

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Question. What is the best way to store unmounted tires?
Sponsored