AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Grinding is the precursor to pop out. Pop outs occur for me on left hand high G turns when the throttle is neutral (no power being applied or withdrawn). Just applying a little throttle or reducing throttle a little to apply pressure to the transmission seems to stop pop outs. I have had about 10 so far this year (about 1 per event). It sucks and I am looking for a place that will rebuild the transmission with better parts. Honda should be ashamed.
If you ever happen to find out about reputable companies that rebuild these transmissions, please let us know. I absolutely hate this trans and I think at some point itll need a refresher, along with a new LSD since it would be open.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
If you ever happen to find out about reputable companies that rebuild these transmissions, please let us know. I absolutely hate this trans and I think at some point itll need a refresher, along with a new LSD since it would be open.
Does King Motorsports do that? I know they took a transmission apart and beveled some edges and did a bunch of stuff for a guy in our club. I haven't seen him as of late. I think it was a HRV.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Well the SCCA Solo Natz 2022 is in the books.

Top win: Multi Championship Driver Matthew Braun but Alex Mursean and Garrett Cogburn gave it a go and without the cone on Alex, the time was close.

Podium: 1st Toyota 2&3rd Honda

Top 10: 5 Honda / 5 Toyota

Trophies: 9 Honda / 7 Toyota

I think overall it is good to have another competitor in the class. The next gen Type R shortened the final drive, so knowing as little as I do about transmissions and gearing, I don't know if that is good or bad.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
Well the SCCA Solo Natz 2022 is in the books.

I think overall it is good to have another competitor in the class. The next gen Type R shortened the final drive, so knowing as little as I do about transmissions and gearing, I don't know if that is good or bad.
That final drive on the FL5 should be an improvement. The FK8 takes a soft touch to keep the wheels from spinning too much on launch. I have a 2022 Si and the new chassis is a big improvement over my FK8.

Mark Daddio is a multi-time Solo II National Champion so I'm not surprised to see him win in a BRZ.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Next gen CTR likely going to BS anyway. I don't see much changing in DS unless someime takes the time to develope a dark horse car. New Golf R could be a contender I think. And maybe one of the newer 4 cylc pony cars. Corolla GR is a bit of a wild card if it lands in DS.

Also, shorter FD would certainly be bad I think. Advantage FK8 on most any course requiring top of 2nd or into 3rd for any significant length of time.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Yeah it's a big upgrade for sure.

sgtpepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 STi, 2006 Outback XT, (FK8 soon)
Country flag
I guessing the FL5 will land in B Street too. The wheels are 1 inch wider. That's a huge advantage!
I would be Shocked if the FL5 is not in BS.
I know the lap times are not too much faster than the FK8 but the advantage of being able to run 18x9.5 and fitting a 275 or larger is huge and will for sure justify it landing in BS.

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
The LE is in BS correct?

sgtpepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 STi, 2006 Outback XT, (FK8 soon)
Country flag
The LE is in BS correct?
Correct the LE is in BS. The LE is buried, as in its put in a non competitive class because of its rarity and slight advantages. Yes it should be in DS but it would not be fair if it became the "car to have" because of its slight differences.
Sponsored