Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
Did you look at IATs with the AC on and off? And with heat on and off? I couldn't really see much a difference when I was logging it while sitting there, and if it did raise, it was high for a few tenths as I took off. Just curious is all.
I didn't run with the heat on - it was as hot as i could stand with just the fan blowing hot air on it's own. The AC was definitely off - I purposely turn it off at the beginning of each event and don't turn it back on until afterwards. Otherwise, the fluid police start going on about needing to clean up my mess, even though it's just condensation from the compressor.

-bob
Sponsored

Last edited:

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
It's more than just experience with Alex. He has some inner Zen that just knows how fast he can go and it's way more than the rest of us!

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I haven't had 2nd gear pop out, but sometimes it will grind going into 2, if I am turning in/in it at the same time as shifting. Right now I make sure the car is ready for the 2nd shift, instead of slamming it in there super fast. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I run HP+(purely based off what I ran on my old M3) and I rarely run into ABS, so maybe I am not braking hard enough.
Grinding is the precursor to pop out. Pop outs occur for me on left hand high G turns when the throttle is neutral (no power being applied or withdrawn). Just applying a little throttle or reducing throttle a little to apply pressure to the transmission seems to stop pop outs. I have had about 10 so far this year (about 1 per event). It sucks and I am looking for a place that will rebuild the transmission with better parts. Honda should be ashamed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
Grinding is the precursor to pop out. Pop outs occur for me on left hand high G turns when the throttle is neutral (no power being applied or withdrawn). Just applying a little throttle or reducing throttle a little to apply pressure to the transmission seems to stop pop outs. I have had about 10 so far this year (about 1 per event). It sucks and I am looking for a place that will rebuild the transmission with better parts. Honda should be ashamed.
Oh no. That sounds horrible.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
Is anyone selling NSX wheels for an autox setup? Club member had an epic slide and lunched their A052 on stock wheels. So they are hoping for a good setup for DS.

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing _DSC7407 Lar

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
Are there three choices for d street wheels? Nsx, tirerack cast, tirerack forged? Looks like only the 715$ forged wheel is in stock. Nothing floating around? I figured everyone had sold their cars for GR86s.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Are there three choices for d street wheels? Nsx, tirerack cast, tirerack forged? Looks like only the 715$ forged wheel is in stock. Nothing floating around? I figured everyone had sold their cars for GR86s.
That's pretty much it yeah. I would pay the 740 for the NSX over the ForgedOne since the NSX is lighter, but your call.

The GR86 so far has still been a bit of an underdog to the CTR at national level events. The power of the CTR is just so helpful!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
I have NSX already, but they don't. Also I don't think you can get them anywhere. I was hoping someone who had sold their type R to get a GR86 would have a line on some.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
I made a thread with all the wheel options for Stock class (Titan7's being the only wheel not legal there). Should be a good resource for wheels to look for.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
Out of stock until 9/22/22.

oh well. Guess they are going to do the forged ones, they need a setup before then. Was hoping someone knew someone who sold their R in a rage. 🤬

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Out of stock until 9/22/22.

oh well. Guess they are going to do the forged ones, they need a setup before then. Was hoping someone knew someone who sold their R in a rage. 🤬
I know Alex Piehl has 2 sets of wheels that he will likely sell after nats
Sponsored