StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I drove an SI this weekend.... I learned that I don't fit and I do not drive well hunched over or far away from the wheel lol. Compared the the type R they are so gutless and soft
Sponsored

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I drove an SI this weekend.... I learned that I don't fit and I do not drive well hunched over or far away from the wheel lol. Compared the the type R they are so gutless and soft
I can tell you've never driven an HS Civic ;) . At least more headroom in those, since no sunroof.

a1rocketpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Long time lurker, but I figured I'd drop a line! I'll be at the Bristol CT and Nats for sure with my codriver, in my weird car on BFGs with the RV6 bar :p

See you guys there!

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Si is fine
Si is muuuch better than HS civic. Drove the underprepared Civic Sport in Peru champ tour (running in GS) after my Si decided to quit on me with Control module failure…super bouncy compared to my Si. Would love to try the R next time!

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Si is muuuch better than HS civic. Drove the underprepared Civic Sport in Peru champ tour (running in GS) after my Si decided to quit on me with Control module failure…super bouncy compared to my Si. Would love to try the R next time!
Which control module? The Engine one?

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Which control module? The Engine one?
Body Control Module…the whole module had to be replaced instead of just SW upgrade like current recall. Honda said component failed but could not give me more specific…I got intermittent communication to other modules too and got really weird messages (all system problems, none of the buttons for sports mode, TSC none of them worked)…just glad I was able to drive home that weekend!

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Body Control Module…the whole module had to be replaced instead of just SW upgrade like current recall. Honda said component failed but could not give me more specific…I got intermittent communication to other modules too and got really weird messages (all system problems, none of the buttons for sports mode, TSC none of them worked)…just glad I was able to drive home that weekend!
Holy crap, that sounds like an odd failure. Havent heard of that one before

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Holy crap, that sounds like an odd failure. Havent heard of that one before
Yup, very odd failure, and it was really annoying that it happened the night before champ tour ?. Initially Honda said it would take 3-4 weeks to get the module but after few discussions they were able to get me one within a week.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Bristol was in the DSL plans then the big wigs decided to invade my office. Autocross hungover isn't a good idea. ?

Nationals will happen. I want to announce.

@StevenMatchett I hope Lineberry does well in the R this weekend. He tried to get seat time in mine but tires and a nail and a shooting at the FEDEX facility made that not happen.

I'll be listening ?

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ended up getting my first tour class win finally :). Felt much better about my day 1 run than my day 2. Both had a handful of double inputs and mistakes on the turnarounds. One day I will feel good about a tightish turnaround on a course. Last run was a victory lap so I went completely for broke and over cooked it coming onto the P and coming off the P. DNFing near the finish haaha

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Great big splat? ?