AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
My biggest adjustment to the CTR is not braking hard enough. Been threshold braking a non-ABS car for years and my body is trained to hit that every time. Now with ABS, I need to stomp a wee bit harder to get the pulse feedback. I was driving a slower car before so now I need to increase braking distance to stay on my line. That has been working wonders for me recently.
On the topic of braking, Ive been trying to figure out what way works best to get the car to rotate better around corners because there are a lot of times where I feel like I am holding too long, or just not braking enough. I feel like this is my biggest issue.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I just had a brainwave. Should we be able to use 18s since the sport line, although EU only runs on 19s?

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Yeah, you have to be able to point to a COMPLETE USDM trim as your starting point. That means you can't say "Trim A has 19's, and Trim B has better shocks, so I can run 18's and the better shocks" (if a trim like that existed for the CTR which it doesn't).

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Did a tiny bit of tire testing yesterday. Swapped seats in another CTR that was running 275s yoks while I have 275/35 660s. Other driver has a jacket

Temp 60 degrees both sets of tires have 30 runs

Yok's car setup 1/8 toe in on the rear Karcepts bar set to full stiff.
660s car 0 toe, Karcepts bar setting 3/2.

First run out on the yoks I found them extremely easy to find pace and were very compliant but steer feel numb and the full stiff bar on cold tires caught me out in the second turn a tiny bit. Run a 33.9 but tagged a cone. Second run out was a safer run as I didn't have a clean afternoon run; 34.0.

Alex running on the 660s first run complained how much the car felt like it drove on a knife. The 660s first run out always feels dicy run was a 34.0. With a bit of heat in the tires on his second run he ran a 33.7.

We then swapped back to our own cars for the last runs. We both ran a 33.6 within 20 thousands of each other. I ended up tagging the start cone somehow but would have ended second in pax between Alex and Strano

tldr; Yoks and 660s seem to be a wash in performance once the 660s get up to temp

Next week we plan to do the same tire test, but instead of Yoks we test 71s. Also the 660s look new while the Yoks look far from it
Is Alex on here or did he get chased away after posting about how feels about the Veloster N? ;)

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I have not seen Alex on here. But he has strong opinions on the N lol
His posts on another sandbox like forum almost made me test drive an N. But can you really trust someone who built an STH WRX? :p

Has anyone had success using the LogR app at autocross? It seems like you can set a GPS start and end point but assuming the phone GPS won't be accurate enough.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
His posts on another sandbox like forum almost made me test drive an N. But can you really trust someone who built an STH WRX? :p

Has anyone had success using the LogR app at autocross? It seems like you can set a GPS start and end point but assuming the phone GPS won't be accurate enough.
> sandbox
Don't talk about it outside of it /s

Haven driven the WRX thing is crazy good. On the other side I think it was on its 4th motor when he sold it. The N is really really fun to drive its really a GS+ car imo. Thing also destroys tires faster than any car I have ever seen

You are only gonna get 1hz out of your phone for LogR which isn't going to be all that helpful

Sholzer

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR, 2021 Durango Hellcat, 2014 NC Miata
Country flag
Hey guys, just picked up a CTR and will probably end up playing in DS when I don't want to get buried in STR in the NC lol. Already talked to Karwan about getting a bar, but need some wheels. There's a set of NSX wheels not too far from me that I might grab unless there is a close but cheaper option out there.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, just picked up a CTR and will probably end up playing in DS when I don't want to get buried in STR in the NC lol. Already talked to Karwan about getting a bar, but need some wheels. There's a set of NSX wheels not too far from me that I might grab unless there is a close but cheaper option out there.
This post has 'all' of the wheel options I think: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/d-street-type-r-autox-info-sharing.23556/post-899455

Plagiarized below:
Stock Type R wheels are 8.5" wide, 20" diameter have a +60mm offset, and come in at 29.1lbs.

That leaves us with these options.

LE Type R | 20" $1300/w est23.6lb +60 - These are the newest and (in my opinion) worst option here. They are by far the most expensive (1300$) and are still pretty heavy. Also being a 20" wheel there is little benefit to going this route.
Tire Rack Forged ONE | 19" $680/w 20.3lb +53 - I have not heard much around these wheels, but they seem to be a Motegi/NSX competitor. That said they are more expensive than the NSX wheel and heavier. I would only look at this option if you are unable to find NSX wheels.
NSX | 19" $630-$650/w 19.2lb +55 - These are the "best" option ignoring cost. They have the closest offset to stock and are the lightest wheels by a solid amount. The really only downside is cost or availability.
FK2 Type R | 19" $490/w +shipping ~26lbs +60 - These are pretty expensive for what they are, but cheaper than the NSX wheels and give you that stock look.
Motegi | 19" $260/w 22.4lb +53 - These are the "budget" NSX wheels. Roughly half the cost but they are a bit heavier. These are a great budget option with the only compromise being the weight, and a tiny offset difference to the NSX. From a $/performance ratio thse are the best option.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This post has 'all' of the wheel options I think: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/d-street-type-r-autox-info-sharing.23556/post-899455

Plagiarized below:
Stock Type R wheels are 8.5" wide, 20" diameter have a +60mm offset, and come in at 29.1lbs.

That leaves us with these options.

LE Type R | 20" $1300/w est23.6lb +60 - These are the newest and (in my opinion) worst option here. They are by far the most expensive (1300$) and are still pretty heavy. Also being a 20" wheel there is little benefit to going this route.
Tire Rack Forged ONE | 19" $680/w 20.3lb +53 - I have not heard much around these wheels, but they seem to be a Motegi/NSX competitor. That said they are more expensive than the NSX wheel and heavier. I would only look at this option if you are unable to find NSX wheels.
NSX | 19" $630-$650/w 19.2lb +55 - These are the "best" option ignoring cost. They have the closest offset to stock and are the lightest wheels by a solid amount. The really only downside is cost or availability.
FK2 Type R | 19" $490/w +shipping ~26lbs +60 - These are pretty expensive for what they are, but cheaper than the NSX wheels and give you that stock look.
Motegi | 19" $260/w 22.4lb +53 - These are the "budget" NSX wheels. Roughly half the cost but they are a bit heavier. These are a great budget option with the only compromise being the weight, and a tiny offset difference to the NSX. From a $/performance ratio thse are the best option.
The motegis are also sold out for all of eternity... wish we had more budget options.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I know a local guy trying to get rid of NSX wheels and tires if anyone is looking for a set.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
The motegis are also sold out for all of eternity... wish we had more budget options.
I ended up with three sets of Motegis when a local sold their R and cleared out two sets... Glad I bought them when I did, that sucks that they're backordered.
Sponsored