Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Correct, I believe people have run up to 285 without issue.
Anyone with experience running both the 255 and 265 RE71R on 19x8.5 described above? Is the added width noticeable with regard to actual performance gains? Impact on steering feel? Can the 8.5 wheel make proper use of the extra width?
Sponsored

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Anyone with experience running both the 255 and 265 RE71R on 19x8.5 described above? Is the added width noticeable with regard to actual performance gains? Impact on steering feel? Can the 8.5 wheel make proper use of the extra width?
There are a few pages worth reading burried somewhere in this thread. I went through and read every post before going with the 265 as that seems to be the tire most people landed on, noting that the 285/275 both lost turn in feel, and 235 just didn't give enough grip. @apexit53 won nationals on the 265 last year if that helps you out at all.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
ill just say this. run
There are a few pages worth reading burried somewhere in this thread. I went through and read every post before going with the 265 as that seems to be the tire most people landed on, noting that the 285/275 both lost turn in feel, and 235 just didn't give enough grip. @apexit53 won nationals on the 265 last year if that helps you out at all.
nope, I won nats on 275s. For me the tire was perfect. Perfect feel, perfect for gearing perfect for wear, perfect for heat. Stop messing with tire sizes and everyone just run 275s! ;)

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
ill just say this. run

nope, I won nats on 275s. For me the tire was perfect. Perfect feel, perfect for gearing perfect for wear, perfect for heat. Stop messing with tire sizes and everyone just run 275s! ;)

Does it count if the 265s run wide? I know this thread is regarding DS - but im running in SMF and would consider running a 275 if it works on my lowered R.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does it count if the 265s run wide? I know this thread is regarding DS - but im running in SMF and would consider running a 275 if it works on my lowered R.
Depends on the tire! For me i run RE71r's. I have seen the yokos rune wide in sizes.

This is just how i operate but for me, i picked the widest tire that was easy enough to mount and not be too squishy feeling. plus i wanted to extend second gear a little and i believe the 275 is taller. thats the tire i ran and focus on driving the rest of the year.

Sometimes i feel like people get too focus on all the little things rather than themselves and making the car faster by driving.

What was it the ronco rotisserie? set it and forget it! lol

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ill just say this. run

In your video on wheels and tires you had 265's on there, so I just assumed.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In your video on wheels and tires you had 265's on there, so I just assumed.

holy shit you're right!! lol

so I know when I went to the NSX wheels I went to the 275!

Honestly didn't notice a difference since clearly i forgot :p

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Depends on the tire! For me i run RE71r's. I have seen the yokos rune wide in sizes.

This is just how i operate but for me, i picked the widest tire that was easy enough to mount and not be too squishy feeling. plus i wanted to extend second gear a little and i believe the 275 is taller. thats the tire i ran and focus on driving the rest of the year.

Sometimes i feel like people get too focus on all the little things rather than themselves and making the car faster by driving.

What was it the ronco rotisserie? set it and forget it! lol

Thanks for the feedback. Depending on the layout I am pegging 2nd gear and wouldnt mind a taller sidewall. Currently on Federal RS-PRO tires, I got 255s because they run wide, but next year Ill have a dedicated set of wheels for autocrossing/track days and would like to go 265 or 275 if I wont rub. Will be moving towards a semi slick since SMF allows for it :D

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I may go 265s on Motegis based on the feedback. Car is going to be dual purpose track and autox I am still not sold on a super wide tire on a 8.5 in wheel heh.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you can't beat them join them? Just put a deposit down on a 2021 CTR. Selling my 2016 Focus RS. Already purchased AV6 rear swaybar and a set of the Motegi 19x8.5s.

What endlinks are people running?
congrats! i am running the karcepts rsb with their endlinks.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you can't beat them join them? Just put a deposit down on a 2021 CTR. Selling my 2016 Focus RS. Already purchased AV6 rear swaybar and a set of the Motegi 19x8.5s.

What endlinks are people running?

1UlABa1.png
I believe most people are on the Karcepts bar with their endlinks (I know I am as well). Not sure what the peeps on other bars are running.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
You guys convinced me I was able to cancel the bar order from av6. I guess I am going with the Karcepts bar