D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
hah yeah dialing... or selling :p

We ran first heat each morning so fist two runs each day it felt we were cleaning the course off and DS ran next heat. perfect conditions both days for both classes. I kinda hope at nats BS and DS run at the exact same time so its a true test :).

I think I am taking off the 295s and going down to the 275. car feels too damn numb and unpredictable. that said it also feels heavy. I think I need to get an exhaust on it to help that turbo spool faster but I also don't feel like putting more money into it right now lol
Ron was running 255 as he said they were 4# lighter per corner than the 275...but he is also...wow...so fast!

Also doesn't shave rubber, doesn't spray tires, not sure if he checks pressures or not. Just sets up a lawn chair and waits(well that was before the heat...but really working on his mind/body game). Also freaking me out! Haha
Sponsored

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
@CIVICTYPERMNLONGENOUGH if you watch the Spoon track video of the FL5 before they install their suspension, the car bounces like crazy. I was wondering what it would be like for an autocross run.

@apexit53 do you happen to know Ron's setup other than the tire size? Does the FL5 bounce a lot?

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
@CIVICTYPERMNLONGENOUGH if you watch the Spoon track video of the FL5 before they install their suspension, the car bounces like crazy. I was wondering what it would be like for an autocross run.

@apexit53 do you happen to know Ron's setup other than the tire size? Does the FL5 bounce a lot?
It bounces a lot! So much to where the fl5 might be going away. its not a BS car and its not a DS car lol. it is but it might ruin DS. I changed tire size from spring nats and while the car was better its not BS fast.

so if anyone is looking for an FL5 for cheap!
lol

I dont know Rons setup. I didnt get a good look at it even though him and i talked a lot that weekend lol

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
It bounces a lot! So much to where the fl5 might be going away. its not a BS car and its not a DS car lol. it is but it might ruin DS. I changed tire size from spring nats and while the car was better its not BS fast.

I dont know Rons setup. I didnt get a good look at it even though him and i talked a lot that weekend lol
While it bounced a lot does the extra rigidity help rotate the car? Jason Ruggles drove one at the Gulfcoast Autocrossers event and said it was so much easier to rotate stock than the FK8.

We have someone running one in our Red Hills Region and to me, he isn't pushing it, he did better in his DS Mini. I'll have to talk to him to see what his thoughts are on how bumpy it feels.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
While it bounced a lot does the extra rigidity help rotate the car? Jason Ruggles drove one at the Gulfcoast Autocrossers event and said it was so much easier to rotate stock than the FK8.

We have someone running one in our Red Hills Region and to me, he isn't pushing it, he did better in his DS Mini. I'll have to talk to him to see what his thoughts are on how bumpy it feels.

on track it seems to rotate well, autocross it does not unless hits highspeed. i think the fk8 was a little better for autoX cause you can giet it to pivot over the front axle, the fl5 doesnt want to do that. im sure with some changes i might be able to but, at this point im readt to cut my losses and move on.

At the end of the day i dont enjoy owning the car. it is a great car but i have an integra mt right now and day to day they are extremely similar. i dont need two of the sameish car. its one reason i think the type s will be amazing. the perfect comfort performance car day to day. but thats just me

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I am currently running the Karcepts rear sway bar on my 2019 FK8. It still makes the car handle well, but makes so much noise that I am considering replacing it. I do have the 4 hole model that replaced the 5 hole model that broke easily. Generous application of grease lasts only 1 autocross before the rattling is bad. Is there another brand that I should consider? I am running the Karcepts at the tightest ( 1678 lbs/in ) setting as long as temps and surfaces allow it.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
I am currently running the Karcepts rear sway bar on my 2019 FK8. It still makes the car handle well, but makes so much noise that I am considering replacing it. I do have the 4 hole model that replaced the 5 hole model that broke easily. Generous application of grease lasts only 1 autocross before the rattling is bad. Is there another brand that I should consider? I am running the Karcepts at the tightest ( 1678 lbs/in ) setting as long as temps and surfaces allow it.
Interesting! I have the exact same setup and mine is quiet. Maybe adjust the length of the rod-ends just a tad?

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
What tires was Alex Muresan (2nd place in DS) using at Nationals this year? Garrett Cogburn (4th) was on 275 RT660's. There was a mix of RTs and RSs as well as 255s and 275s down the field. What is the best tire?

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Both Alex and I were on 275/35/19 RT660 fronts and 255/35/19 Yokohama A052 rears.

I'm planning to campaign the Nankang CRS V2 next year. I tested them at the pro and the test and tune course and they were right in pace, but I decided not to switch tires last minute to something I hadn't been running.

I don't think there is a single "best" tire. The RT660, RE71RS, and CRS V2 are all in the noise in my opinion and it comes down more to driving style, personal preference, and conditions.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To clarify, I'll run the CRS in the front and the A052 in the rear next year. Not planning to change the rear tire setup.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
Both Alex and I were on 275/35/19 RT660 fronts and 255/35/19 Yokohama A052 rears.

I'm planning to campaign the Nankang CRS V2 next year. I tested them at the pro and the test and tune course and they were right in pace, but I decided not to switch tires last minute to something I hadn't been running.

I don't think there is a single "best" tire. The RT660, RE71RS, and CRS V2 are all in the noise in my opinion and it comes down more to driving style, personal preference, and conditions.
To add to that I've been running the 275 Falken's up front, but the 255 Bridgestones in the rear all year. Both the BS and the Yoko's are fantastic in the rear.

Additionally Ron was running 255 Bridgestones up front at Spring Nats, meaning you have top drivers winning/finishing highly with 255 Bridgestones all around, 275 Bridgestones and Falkens up front, paired with 255 Bridgestones/Yoko's in the rear.

It really is a hodge-podge of what tire setup works for your driving setup. Additionally different sites cater to different tires, so there is no "best" setup.

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Wow thanks for that information! I have been running 265 35 19 RT660s Mike Leeder told me he ran 265 71r's when he took DS.in 2019. I have been running 31-32 psi in the fronts because he told me that was what he won with. I liked that, but this year Emery Seaton, 2022 CAMT champ in our club who also does well in a civic SI in GS, suggested I jack up the pressures to 40 in the front and higher in the rear. I tried that at it works really well. Not as much grip, but the car responds really quickly to steering input.

It would be really great if you would share your advice on tire pressures.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I run ~33 front (depends slightly on which tire) and 38-45 in the rear depending on surface and conditions. Higher rear pressure to help the car rotate.

Mcsinc

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 S2000, 2018 CTR CW CTR
Country flag
I am running 255/35/19 at 32/32. Karcepts on softest. Really hit a sweet spot this past weekend — ended up raw timing the two drivers in a tuned Nissan GTR who have normally been easily taking FTD all season long (18 events).

Our lots are quite small, mind you, so this data point may not be relevant to anyone else. I was on 275 square Falkens and found them very heavy and vague feeling.
Sponsored