18Si03

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Now the actions I’m going to complete in this thread are probably a war crime but this is the end result of an 18 year old with little to no money wanting to make small modifications to a car without the money to actually buy properly designed and engineered parts from companies with years of experience. This will be a little journey as I attempt to make essentially a SRI and hope to eventually touch it up a bit better in the future and turn it into an actual CAI.

I have almost zero experience in fabricating or any sort of car D.I.Y knowledge most I've done is a Chrome delete on my window trim, which was honestly a pretty good end result for my first time ever even touching vinyl wrap and a heat gun and somehow pulled it off without making any major mistakes it’s held up for months now.

Now that you have my backstory and know that I know almost nothing, you’re going to watch a possible disaster and I will be making an intake with very cheap materials I’d hope. But since I’ve already done a bit of planning here’s where I am, I have a literal exhaust pipe from Canadian tire paired with a rubber 2” to 2” coupler from the plumbing section which solves the first part connecting the pipe in place of the rubber hose that comes after the air box and MAF housing. I have a filter from a 2014 Dodge Ram hemi which is pretty massive but after research was done ive come to the conclusion size does matter only if it’s too small of a cone filter and it is definitely not too small.

Main reason I got my ADHD urge to post a thread here is because there are countless people on here who just somehow know exactly what to do and it’s amazing and I love it, and I have a couple issues I need to get figured out and if measurements are needed I can provide I just cannot as I’m typing because I’m currently not around my car.

I need to figure out how to either make a MAF housing or cut up the MAF housing to connect to the pipe I’m using I’ve attempted going to junk yards to find an older civic with a similar housing but upon research I found out the size of the pipe for the MAF housing is important for the sensor to be able to work properly so now I know that I need to not mess this up, and I’m hoping any of you guys could help me figure out this MAF housing struggle?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Your car is going to run like garbage because the sensor is not going to be installed properly. Don’t mod your car if you can’t afford it. If you can’t afford it, try cosmetic like plastic dip spray the emblems black or something. Don’t do something that will compromise the actual functioning of the car. You will affect power, fuel trims, and maybe even screw up the MAF which is over $300.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

619_FC1

First Name
Julius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Comes with a bunch of lil silicon hoses. BTW no MAF just the housing

619_FC1

First Name
Julius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Honestly man your car your rules. I remember when I was young, broke and running a G2 integra, I wanted them ebay intakes and the sound that comes with em. To get that intake sound back then we did ghetto shit too like removing the bottom half baffle to the stock intake, and screwed the OEM filter to the base. I honestly can't see how you'd damage your MAF unless it gets wet or falls off, or is installed in a way it is touching other parts in the bay. today me wouldn't do that ghetto shit, but broke ass me in highschool would. Do you bro

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1)Download fusion 360 cad program it's free for personal use.Learn how to draw in it.
2) take a caliper and measure everything of the oem maf housing.
3)Draw the maf housing with a flange (similar to prl)
4) find someone with a 3d printer or Who offers a 3d printing service and ask them to print the maf housing in petg.
5) buy a filter and install everything.
This will cost you the minimal amount and it will work.
You only need to put in some work.

You could also buy the top lid of the oem airbox,cut out the maf housing ,attach/glue/plastic weld a flange onto that and you got the same result .
Prl street maf housing is just a copy of the oem housing with a flange on it.

Last edited:

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
1)Download fusion 360 cad program it's free for personal use.Learn how to draw in it.
2) take a caliper and measure everything of the oem maf housing.
3)Draw the maf housing with a flange (similar to prl)
4) find someone with a 3d printer or Who offers a 3d printing service and ask them to print the maf housing in petg.
5) buy a filter and install everything.
This will cost you the minimal amount and it will work.
You only need to put in some work.

You could also buy the top lid of the oem airbox,cut out the maf housing ,attach/glue/plastic weld a flange onto that and you got the same result .
Prl street maf housing is just a copy of the oem housing with a flange on it.
You're asking someone to learn CAD and create and print 3d parts to save money on a part he can buy used for $150? Little far fetched lol

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Honestly man your car your rules. I remember when I was young, broke and running a G2 integra, I wanted them ebay intakes and the sound that comes with em.
People did that on old, naturally asperated shit boxes. At least with the Ebay intakes they might have had some engineering behind it. Well, the intake they copied might have had some that is.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're asking someone to learn CAD and create and print 3d parts to save money on a part he can buy used for $150? Little far fetched lol
I did all of that and I didn't know anything.If your willing to learn you can do a lot .Like I said before the printing can be done by somebody Who has a printer .Plenty of hobby people offer a printing service. You can even ask someone Who can draw a little cad to draw it for you .
If you don't have the money for it then this will only cost you time...
The print will cost max $50 from a hobby printer ,add a filter and your done.
Sponsored