CVT: What Quick Enables are you running?

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just like the title says I'm wonder what quick enables and adjuatments CVT owners are running, how long they have been running them (reliability), and how much of a difference they think they make?

I'll start, I currently have all quick enables set to defaults because I'm boring :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You mean quick adjustments right? As opposed to quick enables like early spool.

For starters at least try some of the "Improved" settings. They are perfectly safe and will make a huge difference from the factory settings you are using. They will reduce lag, improve throttle response and just make your car feel quicker.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
When I had KTuner I only had initial support, but I had throttle and turbo response at Improved II, turbo spool at Improved III, and turbo ramp at Agressive I

They're all totally safe for our cars and they make a huge difference.

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You mean quick adjustments right? As opposed to quick enables like early spool.

For starters at least try some of the "Improved" settings. They are perfectly safe and will make a huge difference from the factory settings you are using. They will reduce lag, improve throttle response and just make your car feel quicker.
So, I turned all of these to Max and flashed my car and nothing felt even remotely different. So I double checked the tune and flashed it again and still nothing felt different. Any thoughts on what could be causing it? My only thoughts is it's been super humid and hot here so maybe that is just making everything feel sluggish overall? But that seems like a stretch

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, I turned all of these to Max and flashed my car and nothing felt even remotely different. So I double checked the tune and flashed it again and still nothing felt different. Any thoughts on what could be causing it? My only thoughts is it's been super humid and hot here so maybe that is just making everything feel sluggish overall? But that seems like a stretch
You should absolutely feel a difference with those adjustments enabled. I'm not sure why you wouldn't. Maybe reach out to @KTuner?

Are you flashing with the car turned on (like fully on, ignition) or in accessory mode? Are you keying the car fully off before starting after the flash is complete? Does your dash light up like a Christmas tree with every warning light possible during the flashing process (it's supposed to)?

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should absolutely feel a difference with those adjustments enabled. I'm not sure why you wouldn't. Maybe reach out to @KTuner?

Are you flashing with the car turned on (like fully on, ignition) or in accessory mode? Are you keying the car fully off before starting after the flash?
Yeah I also just checked my 0-30, 0-60, and 30-60 times with and without them and they are the exact same between the two flashes. So it sounds like either I'm making a weird mistake or something is going wrong in the process. I probably will reach out to @KTuner unless they have something to say on this thread

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The aggressive turbo ramp and improved part throttle turbo should be very noticeable on those timed runs. Are you running the Starter 21?

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The aggressive turbo ramp and Improved part throttle turbo should be very noticeable on those timed runs. Are you running the Starter 21?
Starter 21 dual map so I can use the eco button to run less boost

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you are running in Eco, the difference from factory to fully aggressive quick adjustments should be very apparent. Heat and humidity hurt, no doubt, but if it feels and times the same, something seems off.

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless you are running in Eco, the difference from factory to fully aggressive quick adjustments should be very apparent. Heat and humidity hurt, no doubt, but if it feels and times the same, something seems off.
Could there potentially be a bug with me trying to change it in the dual map? Since it's easy enough I'll trying running just the 21psi starter with full aggressive and run times on that to see what I'm getting as well.

On a flip note. Do you know what kind of logging would be most helpful to KTuner so I can present them with that when I reach out to them? Examples being cruising, WOT pulls, "3rd gear" pulls

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could there potentially be a bug with me trying to change it in the dual map? Since it's easy enough I'll trying running just the 21psi starter with full aggressive and run times on that to see what I'm getting as well.

On a flip note. Do you know what kind of logging would be most helpful to KTuner so I can present them with that when I reach out to them? Examples being cruising, WOT pulls, "3rd gear" pulls
Update: the 21 starter map with all of that enabled actually ran slightly slower times so I'm just going to mark that down as being the same as the dual map

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update: the 21 starter map with all of that enabled actually ran slightly slower times so I'm just going to mark that down as being the same as the dual map
My mind is boggled. I think your only option left is to hit up @KTuner

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My mind is boggled. I think your only option left is to hit up @KTuner
What he said. For your times to be slower with all quick adjustments maxed out boggles my mind too.

Does your maxed out Starter 21 feel slower than the base Stage 2 tune?

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More likely that there were other factors contributing, like heat soak.
This is really what I am thinking it probably was. I'm waiting for a cooler day to run everything again and see what happens.

For reference it was 92°F with around 70% humidity. I was getting IAT temps of 160° and IAT2 temps of 145° and that was with me giving the car time to cooldown between short 0-60 tests. So I just kind of gave up on troubleshooting for the day and decided to wait for more pleasant weather
Sponsored