First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
There has to be more to this story.

I don't think accidentally shifting into neutral at 40 mph and then putting it back in drive would destroy a CVT. And how exactly would you "let the rpms drop to 0 before shifting to D"?
haha so my second day ever owning my car i was cruising on the highway going 60 and I went to grab my chapstick and my forearm pushed the shifter from Drive to neutral and i immediately shifted it back to drive and nothing bad happened just scared the crap out of me
Sponsored

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Welp happened again :( floored it and car started jerking like crazy got home on the highway very slowly car just stops when I’m near home. Fuck a cvt

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Welp happened again :( floored it and car started jerking like crazy got home on the highway very slowly car just stops when I’m near home. Fuck a cvt
Get a stick shift. Then you will only have yourself to blame. PS Don't let others drive it.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Did you get the leaks checked out or you just ignored it?

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Did you get the leaks checked out or you just ignored it?
I got it checked out it’s been fixed for couple of months. I think if I do remember it was some tray

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So the car is completely stopped in drive doesn’t move. I’m guessing it’s the same exact parts that caused this. Anything I can do for now while I wait for my Honda appointment?
Sponsored