ramonxcivic

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5L CVT
Country flag
Im new to all this & as I look more into it i am upset that i did not go with a manual. Anyways, what upgrades can i get with a CVT 1.5 to make my car sound good and little louder? please send some brands or options my way.
Sponsored

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Im new to all this & as I look more into it i am upset that i did not go with a manual. Anyways, what upgrades can i get with a CVT 1.5 to make my car sound good and little louder? please send some brands or options my way.
Get a Ktuner and make more horses instead of noise.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
KTuner first for sure for some get up and go. By far the best bang for your buck.

I did a muffler delete and it sounds pretty damn good, tbh. Noticeably louder than stock, but not annoyingly so. Only very slight drone just under 2k RPM and around 4k, but nothing unbearable. Literally drowned out by turning up my music by like.. 2.. if it bugs me. Only cost me $150 at a local muffler shop, and that included exhaust tips.

Intake for woosh noises. PRL and 27WON are popular choices

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTuner first for sure for some get up and go. By far the best bang for your buck.

I did a muffler delete and it sounds pretty damn good, tbh. Noticeably louder than stock, but not annoyingly so. Only very slight drone just under 2k RPM and around 4k, but nothing unbearable. Literally drowned out by turning up my music by like.. 2.. if it bugs me. Only cost me $150 at a local muffler shop, and that included exhaust tips.

Intake for woosh noises. PRL and 27WON are popular choices
Can confirm, delete the muffler and keep the resonator. Perfect amount of exhaust sound.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can confirm, delete the muffler and keep the resonator. Perfect amount of exhaust sound.
Thanks, should've mentioned that. I kept the resonator, pretty much had 'em cut the pipes right before it curves off to the mufflers and ran it straight back to the center opening of the sport hatch bumper

edit: forgot I had a sound clip on youtube

Goko1020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe (Touring-CVT 2020)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

K Tuner would be a nice first Mod/tune for us CVT owners :) , then you could go for Intake (PRL , 27WON) .

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about keep the muffler but get rid of the resonator? would that sound good?
I’ve had just the muffler and now I have just the resonator. IMO the muffler delete w/ medium size resonator sounds the best. It also saves like 40 lbs due to mufflers being off.
Sponsored