Cvt transmission temp observation.

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Hi everyone, now that you can see the cvt transmission temp on ktuner, I've been monitoring it ever since, and the highest temp I've reached so far is 97 C on 4 full throttle pulls all the way to about 180km, I monitored it during my races and despite not having a cvt cooler it sits at 97c but goes down a bit while idling in park, ambient temp were about 24c, now for city driving it reached 93c light city driving but ambient was hot 34c, long highway driving its around 85 to around 90 when ambient is about 28c and short driving around 75c, now I've had friends that were shocked it didn't go pass 100c yet because they're seeing 109c cvt temp when they wot couple times with same ambient temperature, what Temps are u guys getting? Also what temperature will be too hot for the cvt?
Sponsored

zacwel

First Name
Zaccari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport CVT
Country flag
woah, was there an update? how do you update on the v2?

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Download the latest ktuner software install it and then connect your v2 to computer and go under tuning then click v2 special commands- update firmware

Deleted member 51112

Hi everyone, now that you can see the cvt transmission temp on ktuner, I've been monitoring it ever since, and the highest temp I've reached so far is 97 C on 4 full throttle pulls all the way to about 180km, I monitored it during my races and despite not having a cvt cooler it sits at 97c but goes down a bit while idling in park, ambient temp were about 24c, now for city driving it reached 93c light city driving but ambient was hot 34c, long highway driving its around 85 to around 90 when ambient is about 28c and short driving around 75c, now I've had friends that were shocked it didn't go pass 100c yet because they're seeing 109c cvt temp when they wot couple times with same ambient temperature, what Temps are u guys getting? Also what temperature will be too hot for the cvt?
Ideal temps are between 180 and 200 F. Anything above 220 F and its danger zone for sure with high chance of failure. I'm too lazy to put that in C because I'm your typical American who uses centuries old measurements so I stick with what I know. LOL

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Ideal temps are between 180 and 200 F. Anything above 220 F and its danger zone for sure with high chance of failure. I'm too lazy to put that in C because I'm your typical American who uses centuries old measurements so I stick with what I know. LOL
Above 220f is danger zone? Are u sure? Because in Pakistan the weather is a scorching 35c and I have some Friends there saying they're seeing around 109c/228f on a daily bases and their cvts hasn't failed yet though.

Deleted member 51112

Above 220f is danger zone? Are u sure? Because in Pakistan the weather is a scorching 35c and I have some Friends there saying they're seeing around 109c/228f on a daily bases and their cvts hasn't failed yet though.
Unless the laws of thermodynamics and physics are different in Pakistan then yes 220 degrees and above for any transmission fluid puts the life of the transmission in critical danger. Varnish will form at around 240 F and seals fail just past that temp so I'd say they are living on borrowed time if they are seeing temps that high in theirs.

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Unless the laws of thermodynamics and physics are different in Pakistan then yes 220 degrees and above for any transmission fluid puts the life of the transmission in critical danger.
Ok

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
I have had my cvt temp at 222 cruising 75 on 90 degree weather and 240 going up mountain
Yeah honestly I don't know what the danger zone is because I got friends saying they're seeing 108c/228f on a daily basis and their cvt are still good

dbagged86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I can't wait to get my civic back. I want to see how much the transmission oil cooler kit cools it down.

carboi

First Name
Anesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic coupe touring
Country flag
I can't wait to get my civic back. I want to see how much the transmission oil cooler kit cools it down.
I just wanted to follow up to see how that cvt cooler turned out and if it helps. If so which one did you get?

dbagged86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have the ETL transmission oil cooler kit installed but I haven't monitored the temperatures like I had wanted to. I would imagine it helps a lot. I want to remove the little block grade thing where the driver's side fog light is. It is all closed and I want to either drill the holes open or install one where they are all open to get the air flowing to the etl tranny oil cooler kit.
Sponsored