First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
So now that ktuner have released the update that allows you to see the cvt temperature, what degree of temperature would be considered too hot or too cold?
Sponsored

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Linny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK6 1.0 (GONE) FK7 1.5T prestige (UK)
Country flag
I also like to know. I guess arround 80° or 90° Celsius (176° - 194° F) is normal when driving moderately. Don't know how high temperature is going up on on rough mountain roads or a track.

I'm also curious what numbers are normal with a built in CVT cooler...

Edit:
Found a related thread:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/cvt-transmission-temp-observation.67079/
Hi! UK Prestige here! Here is my Temp from this morning's commute to work. Wondering if it is too low for a almost 20 mins drive?

Honda Civic 10th gen Cvt transmission temp‼️ WhatsApp Image 2023-06-02 at 08.39.11

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Linny
I don't think it's too low. Last time I checked mine with KTuner app, the CVT temperature was 88 degree Celsius, but that was after a few pulls on the Autobahn.

I found this post for you, maybe you can relate to those numbers?

... the highest CVT temp I've reached so far is 97 C on 4 full throttle pulls all the way to about 180km, I monitored it during my races and despite not having a cvt cooler it sits at 97c but goes down a bit while idling in park, ambient temp were about 24c, now for city driving it reached 93c light city driving but ambient was hot 34c, long highway driving its around 85 to around 90 when ambient is about 28c and short driving around 75c, now I've had friends that were shocked it didn't go pass 100c yet because they're seeing 109c cvt temp when they wot couple times with same ambient temperature, what Temps are u guys getting? Also what temperature will be too hot for the cvt?

verzachaye

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'd agree that 176° - 194° F would be a normal range for temps. I don't go too heavy on the throttle lower than 150° F and above 200° F. I'm not sure what temps would be considered overheating though- I've had temps up to 223° F cruising at highway speeds uphill for an extended time.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have a cvt cooler, temps usually regulate at 185 it takes a little longer to warm up to that and I rarely hit 200 thats the max tho
Sponsored