OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Just testing whether the can data logging. Will try WOT tmrw.
this would be so much easier for you if you just ask your tuner to email you with a updated TQ calibration

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Can we gain more consistent boost from the +6 psi base tune just by tweaking the torque limits? If I understand correctly even the +6 psi base tune is limited by the torque limits.

SnK-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Vti-lx
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Just recently got the Civic 1.5t CVT (AUS model) custom tuned with hondata flashpro, car is stock other than a Mishimoto intake.

I'm a newbie when it comes to tuning etc, but wondering if my numbers off the dyno are on par with what others are getting?

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT TQ tables (more boost) and Boost by Gear - FlashProManager 2.8.3 - 20171013_222933_1

Last edited:

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Just recently got the Civic 1.5t CVT (AUS model) custom tuned with hondata flashpro, car is stock other than a Mishimoto intake.

I'm a newbie when it comes to tuning etc, but wondering if my numbers off the dyno are on par with what others are getting?

20171013_222933_1.jpg
It's impossible to tell if the numbers are "off" just using one dyno session. The reason is that each dynos vary quite a bit and there is no general formula that will tell you how to estimate flywheel horsepower from dyno #s. You would need to have detailed knowledge of the particular dyno. From your session, if CAP1 is from before the tune and SAP4 is from after the tune, then you made some awesome gains! Most likely you are making around 215 to 225 hp at the flywheel, if my assumptions are correct.

SnK-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Vti-lx
Country flag
It's impossible to tell if the numbers are "off" just using one dyno session. The reason is that each dynos vary quite a bit and there is no general formula that will tell you how to estimate flywheel horsepower from dyno #s. You would need to have detailed knowledge of the particular dyno. From your session, if CAP1 is from before the tune and SAP4 is from after the tune, then you made some awesome gains! Most likely you are making around 215 to 225 hp at the flywheel, if my assumptions are correct.
Sorry I may have worded myself incorrectly but i meant "from" the dyno not that my numbers looked "off". CAP1 is the stock dyno numbers vs SAP4 after the tune.

I should point out that those values in the CVT TQ limitation table are in lb-ft, not Newton Meters (Nm). The factory tune will put out more than 250 Nm, which equates about 184 lb-ft of torque.
Just curious as it was mentioned in this thread others were getting 250-280 lb-ft torque, looking at my graph I'm getting 278 Nm after the tune which equates to 205 lb-ft if I'm interpreting it correctly?

Pretty big difference if thats the case.. is my tune too "conservative"? sorry if it's a silly question..

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Sorry I may have worded myself incorrectly but i meant "from" the dyno not that my numbers looked "off". CAP1 is the stock dyno numbers vs SAP4 after the tune.

Just curious as it was mentioned in this thread others were getting 250-280 lb-ft torque, looking at my graph I'm getting 278 Nm after the tune which equates to 205 lb-ft if I'm interpreting it correctly?

Pretty big difference if thats the case.. is my tune too "conservative"? sorry if it's a silly question..
What is important is the gain (difference) in the before and after dyno. You can't accurately compare your dyno results to what others have gotten on other dynos. Most likely the dyno you used just reads lower than average.

Last edited:

SnK-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Vti-lx
Country flag
What is important is the gain (difference) in the before and after dyno. You can't accurately compare your dyno results to what others have gotten on other dynos. Most likely the dyno you used just reads lowers than average.
Ok good to know, can definitely feel the difference with the tune which is awesome. Thanks for the insights!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bring back an old thread but hopefully Hondata can clarify. The torque tables show 250nm as the torque limit. Thats only 184 ft/lbs. Thats basically stock. Would that mean Flashpro is a waste of time?

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure where you are coming from with this post. Stock is 220 nm. The calibration referenced here has 250nm, and is fully editable. Set what limit you like but keep it lower around peak boost for reliability.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
250nm is 184 lb ft. Your dynos on your site show substantially higher amounts of torque being produced on your base +6 tune with the Touring sedan. Why would you say not to set torque higher than 184 ft lb?
Sponsored