Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Hi @gcapraz

This is the image of my ATF/CVT cooler location:
IMG-4222.jpg

And this is the image of the ATF/CVT cooler parts:
img-01.jpg

I heard about our friends in Thailand pushing the torque limit very high. I actually hope the cooler is capable enough to hold 300 Nm torque limit set in Flashpro.

I need to learn more from you, especially when it comes to ignition tuning. I have read your posts in Hondata forum but I still cannot find clue how to start increasing ignition tuning. :)
If possible you can install left or right side. not in the middle. because front plastic parts "H" logo blocking the air. If you use other type of front plastic, its ok. Oil cooler looks so good product.

For torque limitation. you can write 300-320 is ok.

For ignition tuning its very long journey to explain it with words. I m going to write a long letter how to change ignition timing.

For ignition i need to know what mods your car has and whats your max gasoline you can get it. E5-E10 ex.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If possible you can install left or right side. not in the middle. because front plastic parts "H" logo blocking the air. If you use other type of front plastic, its ok. Oil cooler looks so good product.

For torque limitation. you can write 300-320 is ok.

For ignition tuning its very long journey to explain it with words. I m going to write a long letter how to change ignition timing.

For ignition i need to know what mods your car has and whats your max gasoline you can get it. E5-E10 ex.
Hi @gcapraz,

Thank you for the input regarding front grille. I consider to order a custom grille from local bodykit fabrication and I'll make one look similar with Spoon version of Type-R grille.

I will try with 300 Nm in relevant RPM, which is between 4,500 and 5,500 RPM, where I see BP CMD lower than TC Max Pressure in datalog.

Let me create a specific thread for us to discuss about ignition timing adjustment in Hondata.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
knock control is the ecu way of determine fuel quality. If you add more ignition timing to the max table this number will automatically het higher removing ignition timing. The more ignition timing you out in max timing the higher you get knock control. Ideally you want zero or really low knock control. This requires retuning based on fuel. Raising boost pressure acts like poor fuel. You won’t get as much timing through all of the rpm range. The best thing would be to try and remove some ignition timing from the two right columns where you are running higher pressures to reduce knock control.

Last edited:
OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
knock control is the ecu way of determine fuel quality. If you add more ignition timing to the max table this number will automatically het higher removing ignition timing. The more ignition timing you out in max timing the higher you get knock control. Ideally you want zero or really low knock control. This requires retuning based on fuel. Raising boost pressure acts like poor fuel. You won’t get as much timing through all of the rpm range. The best thing would be to try and remove some ignition timing from the two right columns where you are running higher pressures to reduce knock control.
Thank you. I wish we could have access to ignition timing or at least the MBT tables for Civic 1.5T user to tune.

Unfortunately, our access to ignition timing tuning is limited to EGR ignition and Knock Ignition Limit. We have to manually identify at which RPM knock count and knock control rise, note the ignition timing when the knock count/knock control rise/knock retard take place, and make adjustment at Knock Ignition Limit.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Thank you. I wish we could have access to ignition timing or at least the MBT tables for Civic 1.5T user to tune.

Unfortunately, our access to ignition timing tuning is limited to EGR ignition and Knock Ignition Limit. We have to manually identify at which RPM knock count and knock control rise, note the ignition timing when the knock count/knock control rise/knock retard take place, and make adjustment at Knock Ignition Limit.
Hondata did not change ignition table for non-Si. So you can adjust it depends on your fuel quality and some other factors. Some ecu has knock sensor sensitivity settings. Also you can change it but you need to be very careful.

You can try 0.5 values in each time to try until you have knocked. Generally in wot between 180-200 sections it values working. So I change it to add 1 each time and interpolate it to the left number which close number on it. So in my car has methanol injection. I can add 7 degree to ignition timing and then knocking. So it changes a lot. I tried many other friends who has the same car but other mods, with 7 degree changes made 200-240 hp effects. You can try it until you get knocking

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hondata did not change ignition table for non-Si. So you can adjust it depends on your fuel quality and some other factors. Some ecu has knock sensor sensitivity settings. Also you can change it but you need to be very careful.

You can try 0.5 values in each time to try until you have knocked. Generally in wot between 180-200 sections it values working. So I change it to add 1 each time and interpolate it to the left number which close number on it. So in my car has methanol injection. I can add 7 degree to ignition timing and then knocking. So it changes a lot. I tried many other friends who has the same car but other mods, with 7 degree changes made 200-240 hp effects. You can try it until you get knocking
Thank you @gcapraz

Is the knock that you mentioned knock count or knock control increase?

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Thank you @gcapraz

Is the knock that you mentioned knock count or knock control increase?
Knock control increases after 5500 rpm for non-Si civic. You have nothing to do with it. I mean knock count. 3-5 knock count in any cylinder is OK for each run 60-250km

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Knock control increases after 5500 rpm for non-Si civic. You have nothing to do with it. I mean knock count. 3-5 knock count in any cylinder is OK for each run 60-250km
Noted on the Knock Count number.

Just want to make sure I understand correctly. Should I add +1 knock ignition limit from 5000 to 7000 RPM as highlight?
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Torque Table Vs. Dyno Test Result Formula - Flashpro Manager v. 3.5.0 KIL-01

Can we also increase partial throttle Knock Ignition Limit from AIRC 40 to AIRC 200 by the same incremental as high RPM Knock Ignition Limit incremental?

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Noted on the Knock Count number.

Just want to make sure I understand correctly. Should I add +1 knock ignition limit from 5000 to 7000 RPM as highlight?
KIL-01.png

Can we also increase partial throttle Knock Ignition Limit from AIRC 40 to AIRC 200 by the same incremental as high RPM Knock Ignition Limit incremental?
Let me explain my way step by step

1) select(highlight) in 200 airc between 3000-7000 and add 1.
2) select (highlight) between 100-200 airc and select between 3000-7000 rpm and click it horizontal interpolate
3) select (highlight) between 200-240 airc and select between 3000-7000 rpm and click it horizontal interpolate
4) horizontal interpolate is located somewhere in file, edit sections

Load the file to the car and make a run 60-250 or 100-200km. Check your time and add 1 more ignition with the same way check it your run time again in same road. If it decrease your time which means it works.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me explain my way step by step

1) select(highlight) in 200 airc between 3000-7000 and add 1.
2) select (highlight) between 100-200 airc and select between 3000-7000 rpm and click it horizontal interpolate
3) select (highlight) between 200-240 airc and select between 3000-7000 rpm and click it horizontal interpolate
4) horizontal interpolate is located somewhere in file, edit sections

Load the file to the car and make a run 60-250 or 100-200km. Check your time and add 1 more ignition with the same way check it your run time again in same road. If it decrease your time which means it works.
Thank you for the guide. I’ll try it & I’ll share the result.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
who have CVT/ATF cooler with air vent, also how do u find the CVT temp as i think flashpro doesnt show. 2ndly what is the limit of cvt oil temp before you have to slow down, m using TSP stage1 and the torque is 325nm but i dont drive aggressive or full wot everytime always monitoring Kcontrol and only do races on weekend.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
who have CVT/ATF cooler with air vent, also how do u find the CVT temp as i think flashpro doesnt show. 2ndly what is the limit of cvt oil temp before you have to slow down, m using TSP stage1 and the torque is 325nm but i dont drive aggressive or full wot everytime always monitoring Kcontrol and only do races on weekend.
i will install honda motorcycles radiator fan to the cvt cooler.
Some electronic devices can show cvt fluid temp bu it doesnt need to check all the time. cvt fluid works fine between 80-100 degree. so need to keep it between there numbers.

If you are using tsp stage 1 i am guessing that you probably dont have to access torque table or any tables.
its good to follow kcontrol on each wot pull.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i will install honda motorcycles radiator fan to the cvt cooler.
Some electronic devices can show cvt fluid temp bu it doesnt need to check all the time. cvt fluid works fine between 80-100 degree. so need to keep it between there numbers.

If you are using tsp stage 1 i am guessing that you probably dont have to access torque table or any tables.
its good to follow kcontrol on each wot pull.
i do have access to torque table and i have reduce the torque to 300nm below 4500rpm as before it was 320nm. A friends is using PRL cvt cooler but that cost too much as hes also using W1 turbo with E30 blend on ktuner custom tune map from Derek. I will try to find cvt cooler as my car is Asian model which doesnt come with it, did you make any air vent changes for cvt?

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i do have access to torque table and i have reduce the torque to 300nm below 4500rpm as before it was 320nm. A friends is using PRL cvt cooler but that cost too much as hes also using W1 turbo with E30 blend on ktuner custom tune map from Derek. I will try to find cvt cooler as my car is Asian model which doesnt come with it, did you make any air vent changes for cvt?
I'm currently using HKS ATF Cooler. It's not a kit made for Gen. 10 Civic so I had to ask the workshop to fabricate adapter for ATF cooler. We locate the ATF Cooler following PRL ATF cooler installation as reference. I haven't checked CVT temperature though. Hopefully I can get access to OBD2 scanner that reads CVT temp.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm currently using HKS ATF Cooler. It's not a kit made for Gen. 10 Civic so I had to ask the workshop to fabricate adapter for ATF cooler. We locate the ATF Cooler following PRL ATF cooler installation as reference. I haven't checked CVT temperature though. Hopefully I can get access to OBD2 scanner that reads CVT temp.
do you have picture of adapter for ATF cooler? i m thinking to order universal cvt/atf cooler
Sponsored