arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
probably there is another issue because if knock control higher than 0.7 with hondata, your settings are not like base map. pls share your tune file then we can understand your situation
Yes. The calibration was a custom calibration that the tuner created from Hondata basemap.

Tuner stated that he was only willing to tune the fuel but tuned down the boost to stock boost due to conrod issue from additional boost that the workshop had dealt with. I didn’t check the calibration in detail.

I flashed Hondata plus 3 psi basemap right away after I found out the knock control issue.

No issue with Hondata plus 3 psi basemap but there is a room for improvement for the STFT.
Sponsored

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Yes. The calibration was a custom calibration that the tuner created from Hondata basemap.

Tuner stated that he was only willing to tune the fuel but tuned down the boost to stock boost due to conrod issue from additional boost that the workshop had dealt with. I didn’t check the calibration in detail.

I flashed Hondata plus 3 psi basemap right away after I found out the knock control issue.

No issue with Hondata plus 3 psi basemap but there is a room for improvement for the STFT.
which fuel are u using, sometime my kcon goes nearly 75% but it come down to 58-60% on full WOT. From where i live i hardly get good fuel like 89-90octane.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
One of the reasons some of you guys in warm, tropical climates get high K. Control values is your high ambient temps and possibly poorer gas quality.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
which fuel are u using, sometime my kcon goes nearly 75% but it come down to 58-60% on full WOT. From where i live i hardly get good fuel like 89-90octane.
I'm using 98 RON rated fuel, which I believe equals to 94 US Octane standard. It came down to 58% during full WOT but I don't think this is acceptable for daily drive car that encounter a lot of stop and go traffic.

One of the reasons some of you guys in warm, tropical climates get high K. Control values is your high ambient temps and possibly poorer gas quality.
K.Control was in check (between 42% - 58%) after using Hondata basemap tune. K. Count is pretty high though. K.Count could reach 13 count in 40 minutes drive. That 40 minutes drive is for 14 Kilometers (9 miles?) distance. :)

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just want to share that the high knock count was caused by AFM adjustment.

I created a fresh calibration using Hondata basemap as the base. Ticked MAP to determine WOT, adjust torque limit, & change speed/RPM limit, and took the car out for a 30 minutes drive combination of stop and go traffic, and 2 instances of high rpm drive.

IAT was higher than the last three days. This time I encounter no knock count (knock count 0).

Knock control was between 42% and 58%.

Fuel trim was not as clean as the dialed AFM calibration but mean AFM v versus S.Trim within -10% and 10% range.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm using 98 RON rated fuel, which I believe equals to 94 US Octane standard. It came down to 58% during full WOT but I don't think this is acceptable for daily drive car that encounter a lot of stop and go traffic.

K.Control was in check (between 42% - 58%) after using Hondata basemap tune. K. Count is pretty high though. K.Count could reach 13 count in 40 minutes drive. That 40 minutes drive is for 14 Kilometers (9 miles?) distance. :)
i have spoked to tuners and most of them says knock count doesnt matter, only focus on k.con( knock control) which should not go high as 85. my car IAT in winter weather stays between 30-35c as ambient is 16-22c but IAT 2 is also not much lowered almost 25-26c. I think i can get IAt more lower by getting CAI as i have stock airbox with PRL drop-in air filter.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i have spoked to tuners and most of them says knock count doesnt matter, only focus on k.con( knock control) which should not go high as 85. my car IAT in winter weather stays between 30-35c as ambient is 16-22c but IAT 2 is also not much lowered almost 25-26c. I think i can get IAt more lower by getting CAI as i have stock airbox with PRL drop-in air filter.
My K.Control is hovering between 40% and 58%. I understand that knock count is not really a concerning issue unless the count is very high but I would like to minimize it as much as possible.

Installing a CAI in my city is not possible as we are consistently dealing with floods in rainy season.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My K.Control is hovering between 40% and 58%. I understand that knock count is not really a concerning issue unless the count is very high but I would like to minimize it as much as possible.

Installing a CAI in my city is not possible as we are consistently dealing with floods in rainy season.
yea i understand if u get too much rain i would avoid it well and i would suggest the box type CAI like mishimoto or 27won both are nice. I do get k.con down to 52-58% it depend on some fuel station get bad batch of 91octane. A friend of mine got fuel tester and we usually test the fuel on several fuel station before refilling our cars. All my friends are on ktuner and i m only one on Flashpro which i got it good deal with PRL hose/air filter.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to bring up old thread that I created.

As you may have read my thread regarding E-Tunez custom tuning, I use E-Tunez tuning service to e-tune my car. I was not looking for huge power gain but a well-calibrated tune.

Datalog shows improving result so I decided to dyno the calibration. Please note the dip in the dyno sheet caused by heat soak as we did multiple run before the run for benchmark.

Interestingly, I find torque from 4,000 RPM to 5,000 RPM is higher than 250 Nm.

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Torque Table Vs. Dyno Test Result Formula - Flashpro Manager v. 3.5.0 Ez-Tunez-Torque

Below is torque limit that I set in the calibration:

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Torque Table Vs. Dyno Test Result Formula - Flashpro Manager v. 3.5.0 Ez-Tunez-Torque-Limiter

I'm not expert or pro tuner so I don't understand if this will negatively affect longevity of my CVT.

Hopefully, Hondata team response to my query posted in Hondata forum so I can provide update here.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag

As you may have read my thread regarding E-Tunez custom tuning, I use E-Tunez tuning service to e-tune my car. I was not looking for huge power gain but a well-calibrated tune.

Datalog shows improving result so I decided to dyno the calibration. Please note the dip in the dyno sheet caused by heat soak as we did multiple run before the run for benchmark.

Ez-Tunez-Torque.jpg

Ez-Tunez-Torque-Limiter.jpg

I'm not expert or pro tuner so I don't understand if this will negatively affect longevity of my CVT.

Hopefully, Hondata team response to my query posted in Hondata forum so I can provide update here.
Dear Arnold

Hondata torque limitation works just fine. Now you are fully understanding how it works. So let me explain my experience about it.

For keihin ecu works through torque limit table. For your car acceleration is also effect with torque table. So when you have changes the table, performance also changes. So if your transmission does not have oil cooler, stay in 250 nm. Then you can write 250 for all box in torque limit table. Then you can have focused other mod things like ignition timing fuel air intake boost ex...

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Ez-Tunez-Torque.jpg

Ez-Tunez-Torque-Limiter.jpg

wow u got it dynoed, i havent dynoed my car yet and we have dastek dyno here too.....i have dynoed my A3 from there which also had limit torque to 250nm due to gearbox but on dynoed it shows around 298nm torque as it was tuned. If you r being careful with launching your car it wont stress on cvt gearbox. Lot of guys in US are running TSP stage 1 for more than a year with no cvt issues, i was more worried about my local fuel which is crap around 93-95ron.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
wow u got it dynoed, i havent dynoed my car yet and we have dastek dyno here too.....i have dynoed my A3 from there which also had limit torque to 250nm due to gearbox but on dynoed it shows around 298nm torque as it was tuned. If you r being careful with launching your car it wont stress on cvt gearbox. Lot of guys in US are running TSP stage 1 for more than a year with no cvt issues, i was more worried about my local fuel which is crap around 93-95ron.
I agree with you. I'm wondering really what the function of torque limiter in Flashpro is, and if it is functioning as it was intended for, which was limiting torque.

I don't launch my car so that's a good thing. I do hope the torque limiter helps to limit torque because the number of tuned cars with bend connecting rod in my country is concerning.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dear Arnold

Hondata torque limitation works just fine. Now you are fully understanding how it works. So let me explain my experience about it.

For keihin ecu works through torque limit table. For your car acceleration is also effect with torque table. So when you have changes the table, performance also changes. So if your transmission does not have oil cooler, stay in 250 nm. Then you can write 250 for all box in torque limit table. Then you can have focused other mod things like ignition timing fuel air intake boost ex...
@gcapraz I have installed ATF/CVT Cooler. This is the ATF/CVT cooler that I currently is using: HKS A/T FLUID COOLER KIT.

In my current calibration, BP CMD from 4,000 RPM up to 5,500 RPM is lower than TC Max Pressure (boost target). This means the waste gate was adjusted to limit power by torque limiter.

I'll try to raise the torque limit to 280 from 4,000 RPM up to 5,500 RPM tapering down to 250 from 6,000 RPM.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
@gcapraz I have installed ATF/CVT Cooler. This is the ATF/CVT cooler that I currently is using: HKS A/T FLUID COOLER KIT.

In my current calibration, BP CMD from 4,000 RPM up to 5,500 RPM is lower than TC Max Pressure (boost target). This means the waste gate was adjusted to limit power by torque limiter.

I'll try to raise the torque limit to 280 from 4,000 RPM up to 5,500 RPM tapering down to 250 from 6,000 RPM.
Dear Arnold,

Can you share some picture about your new oil cooler?

If you install good place for air cooling, you can use higher torque limit up to 320. For example my setting is full 320 for normal driving. ( Dont worry about high numbers. its not reach that number but it controls peak torque control) Some guys from thailand, they also use flashpro and they said, if use oil cooler for cvt, it can capable full 320 torque setting. For econ driving i made 180 torque for full setting. which it gives soft daily driving and high fuel consumption.

You bought very good performance part for your cvt. The weak side of cvt is in high torque demand, its oil gets really hot and there is not any cooler makes cool down oil temperature. Cvt use oil pressure for changing cvt pulleys position. when oil gets high temp, its lubricant liqudity changes and cant push harder. This is how cvt damages rotor pulleys if dont have cooler.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dear Arnold,

Can you share some picture about your new oil cooler?

If you install good place for air cooling, you can use higher torque limit up to 320. For example my setting is full 320 for normal driving. ( Dont worry about high numbers. its not reach that number but it controls peak torque control) Some guys from thailand, they also use flashpro and they said, if use oil cooler for cvt, it can capable full 320 torque setting. For econ driving i made 180 torque for full setting. which it gives soft daily driving and high fuel consumption.

You bought very good performance part for your cvt. The weak side of cvt is in high torque demand, its oil gets really hot and there is not any cooler makes cool down oil temperature. Cvt use oil pressure for changing cvt pulleys position. when oil gets high temp, its lubricant liqudity changes and cant push harder. This is how cvt damages rotor pulleys if dont have cooler.
Hi @gcapraz

This is the image of my ATF/CVT cooler location:
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Torque Table Vs. Dyno Test Result Formula - Flashpro Manager v. 3.5.0 IMG-4222

And this is the image of the ATF/CVT cooler parts:
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Torque Table Vs. Dyno Test Result Formula - Flashpro Manager v. 3.5.0 img-01

I heard about our friends in Thailand pushing the torque limit very high. I actually hope the cooler is capable enough to hold 300 Nm torque limit set in Flashpro.

I need to learn more from you, especially when it comes to ignition tuning. I have read your posts in Hondata forum but I still cannot find clue how to start increasing ignition tuning. :)