arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I know there is a thread discussing about CVT torque table in this forum. However, I would like to bring up this question again as we are now on Flashpro v. 3.5.0.

A bit of background. My car is 2019 Honda Civic 1.5T hatchback (non-SI) CVT from Indonesia. The car is manufactured in Thailand. I got my car tuned by a local tuner. I download the calibration from Flashpro to my computer to check the torque value to make sure the torque is safe for both my engine and transmission.

The torque dyno measurement reflect Newton Meter value, the same as Hondata Flashpro Newton Meter. However, I find differences between torque set in Flashpro vs. dyno measurement.

Could anybody share Flashpro torque formula so we can estimate the torque needs to be set to ensure reliability for both engine and trans?

Hondata torque screenshot:
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Torque Table Vs. Dyno Test Result Formula - Flashpro Manager v. 3.5.0 Hondata-Screenshot-Tq

Dyno test result:
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Torque Table Vs. Dyno Test Result Formula - Flashpro Manager v. 3.5.0 IMG-3111

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I posted this query at Hondata website as well and I received a very quick response from Hondata team! Thanks so much Hondata!

This is Hondata official response to my query regarding CVT torque value limitation in Flashpro. To cut long story short, the value is confirm in NM and the variance vs. dyno is +/- 5 Nm.

The torque value is from Honda's internal logic; not Hondata's.

+-5 NM at 250NM is fairly close I think.
Therefore, I'd suggest to follow Hondata recommendation to limit CVT torque below 250 Nm to avoid premature CVT damage.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
I posted this query at Hondata website as well and I received a very quick response from Hondata team! Thanks so much Hondata!

This is Hondata official response to my query regarding CVT torque value limitation in Flashpro. To cut long story short, the value is confirm in NM and the variance vs. dyno is +/- 5 Nm.

Therefore, I'd suggest to follow Hondata recommendation to limit CVT torque below 250 Nm to avoid premature CVT damage.
Hi arnoldo.

Probably your civic has a cvt cooler behind driver side tire. If you have a cvt cooler you can reach your cvt torque table. Only my advise you can reach 300 nm which i m using it in 3 months. If dont have cvt cooler do not write over 250nm

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi arnoldo.

Probably your civic has a cvt cooler behind driver side tire. If you have a cvt cooler you can reach your cvt torque table. Only my advise you can reach 300 nm which i m using it in 3 months. If dont have cvt cooler do not write over 250nm
Hi gcapraz. No, my civic does not have CVT cooler from Honda. I'm happy with 250nm tough but my concern now is the boost pressure. I heard many Civic in my country had their piston damaged when boost was pushed over the stock 16.5 PSI.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Hi gcapraz. No, my civic does not have CVT cooler from Honda. I'm happy with 250nm tough but my concern now is the boost pressure. I heard many Civic in my country had their piston damaged when boost was pushed over the stock 16.5 PSI.
If your honda does not have cvt cooler stay in 250nm and your ears stays in whisle from cvt.
For over 16.5 psi case, dont worry about it. There ara many company who has 21psi map, we did not heard about any engine problems. by the way i tried to force it 27 psi and there is no any case at all.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If your honda does not have cvt cooler stay in 250nm and your ears stays in whisle from cvt.
For over 16.5 psi case, dont worry about it. There ara many company who has 21psi map, we did not heard about any engine problems. by the way i tried to force it 27 psi and there is no any case at all.
I would probably just stay within 19.5 PSI as I want to keep the car for long time. I look at Hondata basemap TC max pressure boost ratio for +3PSI was actually reaching 33 PSI. I'm thinking to experiment to set this to 19.5 PSI max, while keeping the torque request.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
i have set the torque table to 275nm since last year n still running fine on 6+ map, so far its running fine as most of the time i drive on eco ON which is set on low torque setting.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have any links to show us?
Unfortunately not. I was warned by the tuner who tune my car not to go beyond stock PSI because he repaired 3 cars (Civic X) with damaged conrod due to overboost. The tuner stated these 3 cars got their car tuned at 1.5 bar.

I am not tuner nor highly knowledgeable about engine and cars. Thus, I'd rather be as conservative as possible so I can keep the car for long time with good reliability.

I tune my car within Civic X Sport Touring specification. That's about +10 HP already from the base. FYI, Civic max power in my country is rated at 170 HP.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
it's a little vague, he probably mapped them

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Unfortunately not. I was warned by the tuner who tune my car not to go beyond stock PSI because he repaired 3 cars (Civic X) with damaged conrod due to overboost. The tuner stated these 3 cars got their car tuned at 1.5 bar.

I am not tuner nor highly knowledgeable about engine and cars. Thus, I'd rather be as conservative as possible so I can keep the car for long time with good reliability.

I tune my car within Civic X Sport Touring specification. That's about +10 HP already from the base. FYI, Civic max power in my country is rated at 170 HP.
Too much torque at low to mid RPM is what damage conrods. Boost is controled based on RPM so just avoid too much boost down low. +10 HP at peak power is almost nothing for conrods unless is poorly tuned. Which engine code do you have?

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it's a little vague, he probably mapped them
Yes. I was also suspicious. I did a datalog using his tuning and knock control was very high with max knock control of 87%. I quickly flash my ECU using +3 PSI calibration from Hondata Flashpro basemap with conservative torque limit change following Hondata guide from YouTube. Knock control never moved higher than 60%.

Too much torque at low to mid RPM is what damage conrods. Boost is controled based on RPM so just avoid too much boost down low. +10 HP at peak power is almost nothing for conrods unless is poorly tuned. Which engine code do you have?
Engine code L15B7. Honda Indonesia rated the engine 173 PS at 5,500 RPM, which translate to 170 HP. With the current calibration, the car theoretically should make +/- 180 HP at 5,500 RPM, +/-200 HP at 6,500 RPM. I might need to go for another round of dyno to check.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
after the flash the counter starts up and then goes down

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
after the flash the counter starts up and then goes down
I wasn't worry if that was the case but knock control was hovering between 58% and high 80% after 4 days of calibration. I quickly decided to re-flash using +3 PSI Hondata basemap. Knock control went down with 60% maximum knock control.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
I wasn't worry if that was the case but knock control was hovering between 58% and high 80% after 4 days of calibration. I quickly decided to re-flash using +3 PSI Hondata basemap. Knock control went down with 60% maximum knock control.
probably there is another issue because if knock control higher than 0.7 with hondata, your settings are not like base map. pls share your tune file then we can understand your situation
Sponsored