First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just bring it to the service dept. Attention, they will fix it....
Do you know if this issue affects the 2017 models? I have a 2017 ext coupe and it happened to me driving today while trying to go 80mph
Sponsored

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Do you know if this issue affects the 2017 models? I have a 2017 ext coupe and it happened to me driving today while trying to go 80mph
Sounds like it affects you. It wasn’t a recall, so maybe they haven’t determined/fixed the root cause.

IronBorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic CVT Hatchback with Honda Sensing, Ktuner
Would you guys say this is normal behavior even at 35 mph? My 2018 Hatch cvt cannot hold a steady 35 mph with the cruise on. The rpm does the same thing 100-200 rpm fluctuations until it drops 1 mph and then has to speed back up to reach desired speed again. It is really annoying and would be better if it held the speed because it is using more fuel by having to kick up the rpms again and again. Thanks

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Would you guys say this is normal behavior even at 35 mph? My 2018 Hatch cvt cannot hold a steady 35 mph with the cruise on. The rpm does the same thing 100-200 rpm fluctuations until it drops 1 mph and then has to speed back up to reach desired speed again. It is really annoying and would be better if it held the speed because it is using more fuel by having to kick up the rpms again and again. Thanks
Your avatar info indicates you run ktuner - Does it surge without the tune?

IronBorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your avatar info indicates you run ktuner - Does it surge without the tune?
Yes, I have the ECO button set to stock tune and it does the same thing. It also did it before the tune. I would also like to state the car did NOT do this when I first brought the car home. Thanks

IronBorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I can get the car to maintain speed perfectly if I first use the accelerator pedal to reach the desired speed then engage the cruise control. If you engage the cruise control without the pedal/accelerator it will not maintain properly and fluctuate 1 mph every few seconds. I'm curious to know if they actually engineered the car this way or if I actually have a faulty cruise control module. Can anyone else confirm this on their civic?

Last edited:

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Update: I can get the car to maintain speed perfectly if I first use the accelerator pedal to reach the desired speed then engage the cruise control. If you engage the cruise control without the pedal/accelerator it will not maintain properly and fluctuate 1 mph every few seconds. I'm curious to know if they actually engineered the car this way or if I actually have a faulty cruise control module. Can anyone else confirm this on their civic?
My guess is something is wrong. It doesn't matter how/when I engage my cruise control, it maintains the speed perfectly.

IronBorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is something is wrong. It doesn't matter how/when I engage my cruise control, it maintains the speed perfectly.
Good to know. Do you have Honda Sensing? Also if I increase or decrease the speed using the wheel controls it will fluctuate.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Good to know. Do you have Honda Sensing? Also if I increase or decrease the speed using the wheel controls it will fluctuate.
No, I don't. It's a completely stock 2016 EX, with no Honda Sensing.
Sponsored