CVT Rocks

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
I’ve had my Civic 4 months, and can report, not the slightest hint of any issues, sometimes attributed to the CVT. NO : surging at any speed, hunting behavior of any kind, variability of any kind under a given constant condition, etc. The name implies, not that it continuously varies, but rather has a capability of any needed ratio continuously over a range. I have the 2L NA engine, so maybe reported issues are specific to the 1.5T .
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:coffee:

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
no complaints with it on my 1.5 l motor. It works relatively well and I'd say much better than traditional automatic transmissions, if not as enjoyable as a MT.

kchigh5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2k17 civic sedan
it was all good for me too until.. being the lazy driver I am, switch slowly from brake to gas pulling out of an up hill stop giving the car a hault i wish was avoided.
In the grand scheme probably maybe nothing but i'm considering break in period done. Gahlee i don't like hills:banghead:

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys, it's just @SteveGG again. He pops up every so often to repeat the same things. Banned once, created a new account. I believe this thread is a reply to @planedoc from a post in another thread two months ago. he even uses the same words.
yup, we know. i just came for the comments, lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
andromeda

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
I’ve had my Civic 4 months, and can report, not the slightest hint of any issues, sometimes attributed to the CVT. NO : surging at any speed, hunting behavior of any kind, variability of any kind under a given constant condition, etc. The name implies, not that it continuously varies, but rather has a capability of any needed ratio continuously over a range. I have the 2L NA engine, so maybe reported issues are specific to the 1.5T .
Was only hoping for intelligent comments / info re some commonly reported issues. Probably should have known better. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Sheesh !

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
Was only hoping for intelligent comments / info re some commonly reported issues. Probably should have known better. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Sheesh !
your dmv photo didn't help ya...you look like a child molester..

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More pro-CVT/2L and anti-turbo banter from SteveGG. Just an internet tip: If you get banned from a forum for doing something and make a 2nd account, don't continue to do what got you banned in the first place. Example: Gavnzdad

OP
OP
andromeda

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Not using the photo, which was not from DMV in any case. Instead, a performance attractor from a system of semi chaos. Who or what's Gavnzdad ?

Last edited: