Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
anyone who spends three hours a day or more commuting back and forth to work places no value on their time(or their life). Either move closer to work or get a closer job. Really people, it's only money. Someone once said "no one who was ever lying on their deathbed ever thought to themselves "I wish I would have spent more time at work" Think about this. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. Stop wasting your life in traffic or at work.
In a perfect world nobody would commute for a crazy amount of time like that. Sometimes circumstances put us in a situation where we are stuck. For example it may not be easy for a new parent that has mouths to feed to just up and quit to find a closer job. To say that a person who has a long commute doesn't value their life is a bit of a blanket statement. Walk a few miles in someone else's shoes before you condemn them.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
In a perfect world nobody would commute for a crazy amount of time like that. Sometimes circumstances put us in a situation where we are stuck. For example it may not be easy for a new parent that has mouths to feed to just up and quit to find a closer job. To say that a person who has a long commute doesn't value their life is a bit of a blanket statement. Walk a few miles in someone else's shoes before you condemn them.
+1, and I'll rephrase what I posted earlier in this thread:

Hey, cool, got a good job in an area with great schools. Buy a house for my wife and kindergarten-aged kid. Spend five years there so far, kid's doing great. Whoops, job contract changed, now they've moved everyone to an office fifty miles away. School district there sucks, but worse, housing is priced out of reach. It's far cheaper to suck it up and commute than it would be to pay twice as high of a mortgage.

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
anyone who spends three hours a day or more commuting back and forth to work places no value on their time(or their life). Either move closer to work or get a closer job. Really people, it's only money. Someone once said "no one who was ever lying on their deathbed ever thought to themselves "I wish I would have spent more time at work" Think about this. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. Stop wasting your life in traffic or at work.
You haven't lived in a big area have you? In the bay area that 3 hour drive changes your living costs from a couple million dollars to $500,000. And while you could get a job closer, it also would pay half as much or not include as many benefits.
Sponsored