Cvt problem possibly?

newcivicguy77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda ex
So I recently bought a 2017 ex Civic, I've had it for about 3 weeks now if that. A few days ago I went out for a drive and when I stopped I noticed that little blue bar fly to 20. I've also noticed my gas mileage is worse. I highway drive an hour to and hour home. My drive to usually clocked around 110kms off the gas mileage but now it's getting to around 160kms off. I've attached a picture hopefully you'll understand better than my explaining cause I am horrible with car lingo. It still drives smooth just the gas mileage and the blue bar higher than it normally is when I previously commuted.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cvt problem possibly? IMG_8377.JPG
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
If it flies and stays at maximum, then something is wrong - if it shoots up and then goes down to 0 again as you stop, that's normal, it's just how the car works.

Also, if it's only 3 weeks old, it's still settling. My total range went up by ~60km from when I drove it off the lot on a full tank to about a month later.

Also, colder weather and different gas mixtures and tire pressures and many many other things will affect fuel economy. 7.3l/100km is very average, although maybe a little high for highway driving.

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
A bit of a long shot here... and I wouldn’t expect this on a brand new car, but go for a short drive and check for a dragging brake. See if any rims are unusually hot. Careful, with a stuck or dragging brake the rims will be very very hot, and remove your finger prints quite effectively.

If you have one of those infrared thermometers that could help out too.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
A bit of a long shot here... and I wouldn’t expect this on a brand new car, but go for a short drive and check for a dragon brake. See if any rims are unusually hot. Careful, with a stuck or dragging brake the rims will be very very hot, and remove your finger prints quite effectively.

If you have one of those infrared thermometers that could help out too.
I think you mean dragging brake :p

Also if a caliper is stuck OP will likely hear it, and the car will likely not drive straight, something very noticeable on any driving, nonetheless on a highway.

Reactions: jeb

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
I think you mean dragging brake :p

Also if a caliper is stuck OP will likely hear it, and the car will likely not drive straight, something very noticeable on any driving, nonetheless on a highway.
Opps. Yah fixed that!

If it’s in the back and slightly on (think stuck parking brake) then there would be no pull left or right, and likely no noise till the pad is metal on metal.
Sponsored